- SSNIT St, Takoradi, Ghana
AmaliTech is a social business empowering the next generation of technology leaders in sub-Saharan Africa that reinvests its surplus in further training, network growth and local community support on the ground.
As a global talent accelerator, AmaliTech provides free IT training courses to skilled youth in regions of great need. We offer an employment pathway into the digital sector, accompanying young talents from recruitment to employment.
Our training academies give local youth the necessary digital skills for employment. Subsequently, successful Graduate Trainees are empowered to apply their acquired skills in the local and international job market. AmaliTech Training Academy Limited Ghana was initially founded and has been in full operations in 2019.
A diverse workforce is an important driving force of an efficient tech ecosystem. Therefore, AmaliTech promotes gender equality and the inclusion of persons living with disabilities. We are determined to be one of the market leaders in the global drive for employment equality. We celebrate diversity, thrive on creating an inclusive environment for all employees and aiming for balance in our workforce.
We require the services of a qualified and passionate IT Support Officer to monitor and maintain the company's computer systems, install and configure hardware and software, and solve technical problems aiming for the highest functionality. The person must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate must also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail. The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimise the functions of organisation. The officer will perform but not limited to the following:
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, scanners and related applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Perform system administrative duties for smooth running of the company.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving software issues.
- Resolving and replacing equipment as necessary.
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles and resolving login issues.
- Respond in timely manner to IT services issues and request.
- Providing technical support for the company.
- Testing new technology and advice management accordingly.
- Evaluate, analyse and organise the IT requirements and resources of the company accordingly.
- Advice on the IT budget and expenditure of the training centre.
- Ensure the smooth functioning of all IT infrastructure such as servers and network connections.
- Ensuring security of the physical and virtual components of IT such as security of the server rooms and installing virus protections and firewalls.
- Organising data, storing them securely and creating backups.
- Maintain electrical safety checks on computer equipment and environment.
- Work with team members to complete duties as needed.
- Minimum of an HND in Computer Science or Engineering, IT, Networking or such related fields
- Two years working experience as an IT support or technician.
- Excellent IT technical savvy.
- A technical, logical thought process oriented.
- Problem solving skills.
- An ability to stick to strict deadlines.
- An ability to prioritise and delegate.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Share in the core values (Excellence, Passion, Diversity, Collaboration and Integrity) and vision of AMALITECH
Candidates who are qualified for this position should apply by clicking the "I'm Interested" button below. Deadline for the submission of applications is July 31, 2020.