Graduate Internship Programme
- 27 Ama Akroma Rd, Takoradi, Ghana
- Unique Values: Trainees
AmaliTech is an IT service company that provides services to multinational customers through our service centres.
We provide IT-focused training and employment pathways for youth in sub-Sahara Africa. Through these services, we offer a pathway for employment for graduates and technically skilled job seekers in Ghana.
Our training centre will teach the necessary IT and digital skills and prepare trainees for their respective roles in the international industry.
After training, we offer successful candidates full-time employment in one of our service centres.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
A diverse workforce is an important driving force of an efficient tech ecosystem. Therefore, AmaliTech promotes gender equality and the inclusion of persons living with disabilities in all aspects of our work. We seek to be a market leader in the global drive for employment equality; we celebrate diversity, thrive on creating an inclusive environment for all employees and aiming for gender balance in our workforce.
This internship opportunity is open to graduates with a minimum of an HND or higher degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or similar fields who are willing to undergo training for a period of (six) 6 months in IT/Digital and soft skills for subsequent employment at any of our service centres. Interns must continuously prove their ability to grasp and understand the topics and skills being taught to keep them in the internship programme. Our training and service centre are in Takoradi which means candidates outside Takoradi should be willing to relocate to live in Takoradi.
We are currently targeting interns who will be trained in:
1. Data Science
2. Software Development and Engineering
Upon successful completion of the internship, interns are employed in our service centres in various capacities receiving very attractive salaries commensurate with their jobs.
Interns when employed, will deliver IT/Digital services to our external customers according to specific directions from the immediate report while ensuring agreed standards are met. Total Quality Management is paramount at every stage of this job in order to meet demands of our cherished customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The general job responsibilities would among other things include the following:
- Execute jobs according to customer requirements.
- Ensure deadlines for deliveries are always met without compromising on quality.
- Undergo continuous training to acquire skills required to perform specific jobs.
For the purpose of this internship programme, we are looking for candidates who possess a minimum of an HND qualification or equivalent in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or similar fields and interested in building a career in IT.
Data Science Internship:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or a closely related field.
- Candidates must have taken at least one course related to probability and statistics during their undergraduate degree.
- Strong interest in data science and analytics
Software Development and Engineering Internship:
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or IT
- Must have taken courses in Data Structures, Algorithms, Object Oriented Programming during the undergraduate studies.
- Extensive knowledge of at least one programming language (e.g. C/C++, Java or VB etc)
Applicants who do not possess an HND/Degree in the fields specified above but also have at least an HND qualification and in-depth knowledge of programming and other essential IT skills would be considered.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good understanding of IT
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work effectively in a team
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Effective and efficient time management skills
- Creative problem solver with apt decision-making skills
- High cognitive ability to grasp technical concepts
- Pay attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge and the use of Office Applications
- Must be proactive
KEY PERSONALITY TRAITS:
- Quest for continuous improvement through learning
- Must be a good listener
- Pleasant personality
- Honesty, loyalty and integrity
- Willing to go the extra mile to achieve set targets
- Must exhibit highest form of professionalism
- Share in the core values (Excellence, Passion, Diversity, Collaboration and Integrity) and vision of AmaliTech