Trainer: Design Thinking
- SSNIT Office Complex, Ground Floor, 27 Ama Akroma Street, Takoradi, Ghana
- Unique Values: Trainers
AmaliTech is an IT service company that provides services to multinational customers through our service centres. We aim to create 10,000 digital jobs in Sub-Saharan Africa within the next decade by providing training and an employment pathway in the digital sector for youth in regions of great need.
Our training centre will teach the necessary IT and digital skills and prepare trainees for their respective roles in the international industry. After training, we offer the successful candidates a full-time employment in one of our service centres.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
A diverse workforce is an important driving force of an efficient tech ecosystem. Therefore, AmaliTech promotes gender equality and the inclusion of persons living with disabilities in all aspects of our work. We seek to be a market leader in the global drive for employment equality. In this regard, our recruitment efforts have deliberately embedded processes to ensure a significant percentage of our employees are persons living with disabilities and to achieve gender balance in our workforce.
They must have a sound knowledge of some of the core concepts or topics in Design Thinking (Please see the course description below). For example, Preparing your mind for Innovation, Boosting Creativity for Innovation, Strategic Management of Innovation, Idea generation, Experimentation, etc.
- Creating a course outline that covers all the skills required to achieve expertise in design
- Integrate thinking and problem-solving skills into course content as appropriate.
- Keep a track of training curriculum and materials, and make enhancements as necessary.
- Report anything that needs to be modified in curriculum, classroom or equipment to the
- Conduct evaluation to find the areas of improvement or the ones that need attention.
- Prepare teaching materials such as summaries, videos, presentation slides etc.
- Makes sure to engage trainees in daily sessions and improve their skills by giving them team-work.
- Time Management and organizing skills.
A trainer must help teach students hard skills as well as how to love what they do, how to solve for large, complex problems, and how to get and maintain a growth mindset for their future. Develop adaptive thinking and problem-solving skills by using examples or illustrations to explain difficult points, encourage students to question ideas or information on the subject, adjust instruction if students experience difficulties in learning, help students to understand the language and processes of the subject, and help students to think through and solve problems, either by themselves or together as a group.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or higher in the related field.
- Software knowledge of Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Axure.
- Knowledge in UX, UI, IxD, and visual design.
- Proven leadership ability. Effective problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to put forth persuasive arguments.
- Effective communicator with expertise in conveying knowledge to others.
- A creative thinker who can find solutions to problems in a short time.
- Passionate to teach others: can create a friendly and inclusive environment.
- Understanding of effective teaching skills and tools.
- Deep knowledge of cross-cultural communication and ability to moderate a diverse classroom.
- Minimum of two years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably in a similar role
This course builds on your creativity. It will teach you the difference between the analytic approach and design thinking. You will understand what design thinking is, its foundations, principles, and tools to become an innovative thinker. It uses different models to make you understand when and how design thinking is used, how to determine the best approach of all your ideas.
Duration: 6 Weeks, 8 hours per week
Job Type: Full time/Part-time
Salary: It will commensurate with qualification and experience of the applicant.
AmaliTech is an Equal Opportunity Enthusiast and does not discriminate on the basis of Gender, Race, Religion or Disability. Persons Living with Disabilities (PWDs) who qualify are particularly encouraged to apply.