Graduate Trainee (m/f/x)
- 27 Ama Akroma Rd, Takoradi, Ghana
AmaliTech is a not-for-profit business that aims to create 10,000 digital jobs in Africa. The business will provide a training and employment pathwayin the digital sector for disadvantaged youth in regions of great need. In times of disruptive technological change as well as high unemployment and high population growth in Africa, the initiative looks to create sustainable digital jobs – with a focus on secondary cities. Its training academies teach Africa's youth the necessary skills for IT and digital employment before the trainees are provided employment and growth opportunities through IT and digital Shared Service Centres that service international clients, primarily in Europe.
AmaliTech seeks to be a market leader in the global drive for employment equality. In this regard, our recruitment efforts have deliberately embedded processes to ensure a significant percentage of our employees are persons living with disability and to achieve gender balance in our workforce. Persons Living with Disabilities and Females who qualify for this job opening as per the details provided below are especially encouraged to apply.
We currently have job openings in Ghana for Graduate Trainee. This opportunity is open to graduates with a minimum of an HND or higher degree, preferably in IT, Computer Science or Computer Engineering who are willing to undergo training for a period of (Six) 6 months in IT/Digital and soft skills for subsequent employment at any of our Service Centres.
This position will deliver IT/Digital services to our external customers according to specific directions from the immediate report whilst ensuring agreed standards are met. Total Quality Management is paramount at every stage of this job in order to meet demands of our cherished customers.
The job holder is expected to possess a minimum of an HND qualification, preferably in IT, Computer Science or Computer Engineering and interested in building a career in IT. Applicants who do not possess an HND/Degree in the fields specified above, but have in depth knowledge of programming and other essential IT skills would be considered.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute jobs according to customer requirements
- Ensure deadlines for deliveries are always met without compromising on quality
- Undergo continuous training to acquire skills required to perform specific jobs
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good understanding of ICT (Programming, Database Management, etc.)
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work effectively in a team
- Ability to multi task and prioritize
- Effective and efficient time management skills
- Creative problem solver with apt decision making skills
- High cognitive ability required to grasp technical concepts
- Pays attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be proactive
KEY PERSONALITY TRAITS:
- Quest for continuous improvement through learning
- Must be a good listener
- Pleasant personality
- Honesty, loyalty and integrity
- Willing to go the extra mile to achieve set targets
- Must exhibit highest form of professionalism
- Share in the core values (Excellence, Passion, Diversity, Collaboration and Integrity) and vision of AMALITECH
AMALITECH is an Equal Opportunity Enthusiast and does not discriminate on the basis of Gender, Race, Religion or Disability. Females and Persons Living with Disabilities (PWDs) are particularly encouraged to apply.
Working with AMALITECH provides an excellent opportunity for career growth and development in a healthy and diverse work environment. Our talented and welcoming team will ensure you feel part of our family to get you engaged on the job.
If interested, please send your CV and a cover letter as a single PDF document.