- La Mesa, CA, USA, La Mesa, CA
Alvarado Parkway Institute (API) provides comprehensive adult inpatient behavioral health and addictive disorders services in a 66 bed hospital setting located in La Mesa, California. At Alvarado Parkway Institute, we are committed to improving the mental health and well-being of our community. Alvarado Parkway Institute is San Diego's leading provider of comprehensive mental health and substance abuse care. API offers a variety of Outpatient Services designed to assist patients in functioning at the highest level. API provides Partial Hospitalization services and Intensive Outpatient services. These programs emphasize symptom management, community integration and prevention of hospitalization or re-hospitalization. Value added services enhance the patient's treatment experience. Our mission at API is to improve mental health and quality of life by helping people maximize their potential.
Alvarado Parkway Institute offers a comprehensive benefit package for our full time and part time employees including a generous PDO (Paid Days Off) accrual rate. We offer Sharp and Kaiser HMO medical plans, Guardian Dental, Aetna Vision and other value added plans including Aflac and Legal Shield. Alvarado Parkway Institute provides a $15,000 Basic Life and AD&D benefit paid for in full by API.
Please go to our website at www.apibhs.com go to the Careers tab, Employment Opportunities.
We are looking for an IT Technician to join our team. The IT Technician will be the main point of contact for our API family of users and resolve all IT related issues. You will also train users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure. The ideal candidate will also provide excellent customer service, troubleshooting, documentation and attention to detail in everything they do. This is an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge and skills in all technologies API uses in it IT department.
Roles and Technologies:
- Act as first point of contact for end user support including answering support phone lines, perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems, accurately documenting ticket in our Help Desk application and provide efficient problem resolution
- Utilize ticketing system to review, manage all incoming tickets, successfully fix most and then route tickets to appropriate staff members and record detailed troubleshooting steps taken in our ticketing system.
- Manage user accounts in our EHR system and our Active Directory by adding, removing, updating security access, GPOs, distribution groups, etc.
- Network troubleshooting of PC connectivity issues, printing issues, basic switch configuration of ports for access/denial to ports/VLANs, etc.
- Provide end user training and support of Microsoft Office suite of products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Notes, etc.
- Image PCs, install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications such as adding the PC to the domain, setting up VPN access and more
- Ensure security and privacy computer systems, help education end users on security and privacy
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- 1 - 2 years' experience in a IT Help Desk type role supporting various technologies list above
- Certifications such as CompTIA, A+, Microsoft Certified Professional, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of Windows, Linux, Networking, Switching and Firewall technologies
- Basic understanding of Windows Domain, user security and group policy objects
- Applies critical thinking to troubleshoot problems quickly, under time constraints, with interruptions all while resolving issues in a timely manner
- Must provide an excellent service-oriented attitude and effectively communicate with a diverse user community at all levels of the organization
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies such as Switches, Firewalls, Servers, Domain management
- Experience in a Healthcare/HIPPA/Joint Commission covered organization is preferred
Work where you can make a positive impact and lasting difference in people's lives by helping people maximize their potential. Because you matter!