Outpatient Nurse for Behavioral Health System
- 7050 Parkway Dr, La Mesa, CA 91942, USA
Alvarado Parkway Institute (API) provides comprehensive adult inpatient behavioral health and addictive disorders services in a 66 bed hospital setting located in La Mesa, California. At Alvarado Parkway Institute, we are committed to improving the mental health and well-being of our community. Alvarado Parkway Institute is San Diego's leading provider of comprehensive mental health and substance abuse care. API offers a variety of Outpatient Services designed to assist patients in functioning at the highest level. API provides Partial Hospitalization services and Intensive Outpatient services. These programs emphasize symptom management, community integration and prevention of hospitalization or re-hospitalization. Value added services enhance the patient's treatment experience. Our mission at API is to improve mental health and quality of life by helping people maximize their potential.
Alvarado Parkway Institute offers a comprehensive benefit package for our full time and part time employees including a generous PDO (Paid Days Off) accrual rate. We offer Sharp and Kaiser HMO medical plans, Guardian Dental, Aetna Vision and other value added plans including Aflac and Legal Shield. Alvarado Parkway Institute provides a $15,000 Basic Life and AD&D benefit paid for in full by API.
Job Summary: Outpatient Nurse – Full Time – Day Shift
The successful candidate must be a California Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse who has demonstrated clinical and managerial experience. At least One year of prior experience working with chronically mental ill adults required. Provides assessments and services requiring nursing skills in accordance with the plan of care. Develops and coordinates the plan of care and provides case management.
This is a full time day shift position in our Outpatient Program in La Mesa California
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides the initial all system/ start of care nursing assessment prior to the provision of care.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions including obtaining written physician orders for changes.
- Provides care and services in accordance with the plan of care.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Initiates timely discharges based on achievement of treatment goals.
- Provides nursing care through all phases of care taking into consideration age and developmental needs.
- Documentation and Communication: Documents all care, interventions and care coordination per law, regulation and agency policy.
- Assists in coordinating all services provided as needed.
- CA Licensed Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Prior experience working with chronically mental ill adults required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Successful completion of Competency and Proficiency Skills evaluation appropriate for the position upon hire
- Possess and maintain current BLS CPR certification
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Nursing degree from an accredited college or university
- Holds a current and active California state Registered Nursing license
- Previous outpatient experience in a psychiatric facility preferred
Work where you can make a positive impact and lasting difference in people's lives.
Join our team of compassionate healthcare professionals and commit to improving mental health and quality of life by helping people maximize their potential. Because you matter!