Senior Manager, SOX Compliance
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Employees can work remotely
Altisource (Nasdaq: ASPS) is a leader in providing services and technology for the mortgage and real estate industries. With innovation as a guiding principle and a focus on compliance and exceptional service, we provide end-to-end solutions in origination and servicing and offer online real estate platforms for consumers and investors. Founded in 2009, our company continues to grow and add to our team of seasoned industry experts, innovators and collaborators relentlessly focused on driving results. Our workplace is fast-paced, as we’re constantly evolving to meet the needs of the industry and the customers we serve.
ARE YOU READY TO WORK AT ALTISOURCE?
Are you interested in joining a progressive and growing People Solutions team?
Can you help solve business problems with people solutions?
Are you ready to work for a successful and proven company where ownership, accountability, and performance are rewarded?
If so, nice to meet you, join the team at Altisource®. We can offer you a fast-paced and driven working environment with challenging work and great colleagues as well as career development opportunities.
This role reports to the Manager, Employee Experience who is seeking an energetic and skilled self-starter to work in our People Solutions organization and drive talent initiatives that will have a direct impact on the company’s business performance and employee experience. If you are up for the challenge, keep reading!
We are looking for Senior Manager, SOX Compliance reporting to Global Head of Internal Audit and SOX. As Senior Manager, SOX Compliance you will lead the global SOX Compliance and SSAE 18 programs for Altisource.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· Lead the SOX Compliance and SSAE 18 testing programs independently
· Ensure timely completion of these testing programs per the annual SOX and SSAE 18 plans
· Conduct control testing of key SOX controls especially related to complex US GAAP accounting and reporting requirements
· Review work done by team members; provide timely coaching and feedback on areas of improvement
· Provide quarterly reports to the Audit Committee on the status of the SOX and SSAE 18 programs
· Collaborate effectively with external auditors to support their SOX and SSAE 18 audits
· Lead and guide the SOX Compliance team to conduct high quality testing in line with industry standards and as per the project plan
· Monitor resource utilization and motivate the team to perform as per stakeholder expectations
· Monitor changes in COSO framework, PCAOB standards and US GAAP and align SOX testing to the revised standards/guidelines
Key Result Areas:
· Timely completion of the SOX and SSAE 18 programs
· Pursue “zero surprises” as an objective. Ensure comprehensive risk and control coverage through robust testing. Work to identify deficiencies/ exceptions proactively and comprehensively
· Ensure the testing results and documentation meet reperformance standard
· Focus on continuous improvement in quality of testing, risk and control coverage and team performance
• Chartered Accountant (CA) with 8 to 10 years of audit experience; Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) are preferred
• 8 to 10 years (post qualification) experience in Internal Audit/ SOX Compliance/ Statutory Audits
• Good understanding of US GAAP, COSO framework, and PCAOB standards
• Team management experience of at least 5 years
• Expert knowledge of the Internal Audit process and methodology
• Proficient in performing data analytics
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proficient with using various Microsoft products including Excel, Visio, and Word
• Prior experience in the US real estate or mortgage industries is preferred
WORKING AT ALTISOURCE ADVANTAGES
- Competitive salary based on your experience and skills – we believe the top talent deserves the top rupee
- Bonus Potential – if you go above and beyond, you should be rewarded
- Comprehensive insurance plans like Medical, Personal Accident Benefit and Life Insurance
- Wellness Programs (examples include eye examination, diabetes checkup camp, hemoglobin check and health talks)
- 10 paid holidays, plus 26 paid days off per year
- Lots of employee engagement activities both offsite (examples include family cricket/football games, annual company celebrations and happy hours) and onsite (examples include office stress buster events, holiday parties, and quarterly Living our Values celebrations)
- Opportunities to join our community service initiatives, including Habitat for Humanity
Are you up to the challenge? What are you waiting for? Apply today!
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.