- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
ARE YOU READY TO WORK AT ALTISOURCE? Are you interested in joining a progressive and growing People Solutions team? Can you help solve business problems with people solutions? Are you ready to work for a successful and proven company where ownership, accountability and performance are rewarded?
If so, nice to meet you, join the team at Altisource®. We can offer you a fast-paced and driven working environment with challenging work and great colleagues as well as career development opportunities. This role reports to the Manager, Employee Experience who is seeking an energetic and skilled self-starter to work in our People Solutions organization and drive talent initiatives that will have direct impact on the company’s business performance and employee experience. If you are up for the challenge, keep reading!
Altisource is a leader in providing services and technology for the mortgage and real estate industries. With innovation as a guiding principle and a focus on compliance and exceptional service, we provide end-to-end solutions in origination and servicing, and offer online real estate platforms for consumers and investors.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for understanding the way the mortgage industry functions, how data can be collected, analyzed and utilized; maintaining flexibility in the face of unstructured data developments. You will be responsible for developing data pipeline solution.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop ETL packages both from scratch, as well as utilizing best practices for process optimization of the current environment.
• Design, Develop, Test, Implement and troubleshoot ETL mappings and workflows in a large Data Warehouse environment.
• Responsible for all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes for large scale data warehouses using Informatica Power Center
• Develop PYTHON/PERL scripts for data extraction from cloud applications.
• Migrate the code through various environments and verify the migration.
• Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
• Perform Design & Code reviews.
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met.
• Work with multiple data sources on retrieval of data from sources to include but not limited to SQL, Oracle, MySQL, Excel, Access, and various types of text files.
• Collaborate across teams to create high quality solution designs, maintaining an appropriate level of documentation throughout.
• B.S. or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
• 2+ years working knowledge on data extraction, Transformation and loading data from various sources like databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server) and Flat files
• 2+ SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Object-Oriented Languages
• 2+ years of Oracle server experience
• 2+ years of experience with Informatica Power Center, Pentaho DI tool
• 2+ experience building data pipelines and fit for purpose data stores
• 1+ Object-Oriented Languages, Python, R, and Shell Scripts
• PERL script knowledge is preferred
• A solid individual contributor, and cooperative team player