MT Researcher (m/f/d) - Video Game Localization
- Str. der Pariser Kommune 12, 10243 Berlin, Germany
We are a global multilingual game localization and audio production agency with offices in Berlin, Germany, Seoul, South Korea and Montreal, Canada. We are a talented and passionate team with years of experience in the video game and localization industry. With more than 5,500 game titles localized, we are a reliable partner to bring games to a worldwide audience.
We devise personalized and effective solutions for our clients’ needs in over 50 languages, guaranteeing the highest quality localization each and every time. We are grateful to be able to work with top video game developers and publishers who together represent 60% of the growth seen in our industry in 2020.
We are currently looking for a Machine Translation Researcher (m/w/d) who manages the development of an AI-enabled platform, AltaGram 4.0. Our ultimate objective is to become a game changer in the video game culturalization market. We envision a situation where all game development companies and game publishers manage their entire culturalization needs on our platform no matter if they are using external services or ours. As the entire market moves on AltaGram 4.0, semantic/deep learning features will be able to automate the culturalization of an increasing amount of contents (voice, text/caption and visuals).
- Solving challenging and interesting research questions in the field of Natural Language Processing (NLP) in the game localization domain.
- Taking the project all the way from ideation to product readiness. Your models will run as APIs in our in-house analytics ecosystem.
- Projects you might work on include for example Machine Translation, Text to speech, document classification and trend detection.
- Be the reference point for all topics regarding Machine Learning and Machine Translation.
- Work together with our developers to build up solutions using Machine learning technologies.
- Specify, assign and monitor tasks related to Machine Translation.
- Research new Deep Learning technologies related to Neural Machine Translation and spread knowledge to the whole team.
- Mentor more junior researchers.
- Join us in the implementation of new features, help design efficient feedback and annotation processes to continuously improve output quality
- Master’s in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics or a related field with 3+ years of work experience.
- Ability to independently work on applied research questions.
- Solid experience developing with Python.
- Experience with various NLP and machine learning algorithms, e.g. for Machine Translation, Named Entity Recognition, Information Extraction or Document Classification, and with relevant open-source toolkits, e.g. for deep learning such as PyTorch or Hugging Face’s Transformers.
- Solid experience developing with Cloud platform such as AWS.
- experience with pre-trained models for Machine translation.
- You have the ability to motivate and lead a team a small team.
- A chance to gain some great insight into the world of game localization.
- The possibility to work remotely as a solution against Covid-19.
- A huge potential to grow in a thriving startup environment.
- The chance to have your voice heard – if you have an idea, we want to know about it!
- A multicultural and open-minded working environment.
- In an office full of gamers, you can expect a round of games at lunch and after work!