IT Manager (m/f/d) - Video Game Localization
- Str. der Pariser Kommune 12, 10243 Berlin, Germany
We are a global multilingual game localization and audio production agency with offices in Berlin, Germany, Seoul, South Korea and Montreal, Canada. We are a talented and passionate team with years of experience in the video game and localization industry. With more than 5,500 game titles localized, we are a reliable partner to bring games to a worldwide audience.
We devise personalized and effective solutions for our clients’ needs in over 50 languages, guaranteeing the highest quality localization each and every time. We are grateful to be able to work with top video game developers and publishers who together represent 60% of the growth seen in our industry in 2020.
We are currently looking for a full-time IT Manager (m/f/d) to join our company and manage our IT department. You will be supervising both internal and external IT projects.
You have extensive knowledge of IT systems and processes, and a proven track record of managing IT operations efficiently. In this role, you will:
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionalities to contribute to organizational policies
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in a timely manner
- Handle the IT department’s annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Provide users with training, support, advice, and feedback
- Test and adapt systems to ensure that they operate reliably
- Evaluate system functionality
- Developing innovative network troubleshooting methods to reduce downtime
- Monitoring any changes in network technology
- Providing quarterly technology updates to the management team
- Creating disaster plans that will keep the company afloat in the event of an IT crisis
- Determining rationale methods to upgrade company network software programs
- Planning and managing projects while evaluating risks, costs, and timeframes
- Controlling and evaluating IT and electronic data operations
- Maintaining, configuring, and ensuring reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Installing and upgrading computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshooting hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Providing documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Performing or delegating regular backup operations and implementing appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- 5+ years of experience in information technology management
- Solid organizational and decision-making skills
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience in project management and supervising operational tasks
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Very strong knowledge of Azure, Hyper-V, O365, Hybrid infrastructure and networking.
- System administration and IT certifications in Microsoft or other network related fields are a plus
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- A chance to gain some great insight into the world of game localization.
- The possibility to work remotely as a solution against Covid-19.
- A huge potential to grow in a thriving startup environment.
- The chance to have your voice heard – if you have an idea, we want to know about it!
- A multicultural and open-minded working environment.
- In an office full of gamers, you can expect a round of games at lunch and after work!