Customer Care German speaker (temporary)
ESL Languages is the leading European study abroad agency. We have been organising language courses abroad throughout the world since 1996. Our presence is international, with more than 35 sales offices across Europe.
Beyond linguistic, cultural and geographical borders, more than 25 thousand students every year make the choice to book with ESL and make their goal of learning a language and discovering the world a reality.
ESL received many industry accolades over the years. We entered into the eternal Hall of Fame as Best European Study Abroad Agency in Europe in 2016 after winning 5 times in 6 consecutive years. This prestigious ST award is based on the votes of thousands of language schools around the world and rewards the quality counseling and high service provided by all of the ESL staff.
In 2019, ESL became part of the Kaplan Languages Group, one of the largest global chains of English language schools. ESL continues to work an independent agency within the KLG group.
We are currently looking for a Customer Care officer for our German & Austrian markets to complete our Customer Care team, based in Barcelona.
The main function is to organise languages courses abroad from the offer made by the sales offices to the return back home after the stay.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Processing enrolments using our internal CRM system
- Managing customers’ files
- Assisting customers before, during and after their stay
- Invoicing bookings and ensuring receipt of payments from customers
- Collecting invoices from Partner schools and validating payments
- Dealing any special requests and complaints
- Providing personalized advice to each customer, including detailed information regarding every step of the language course, meeting the assigned deadline for each step
- Keeping up with local and international news to be informed of any events happening in major touristic zones
- Knowing the products and services offered by ESL perfectly
- Being flexible depending on the period, deadlines, workload and support in other Customer care markets and ESL departments
- Being available for the department, the Customer Care manager(s) and other employees
- Assisting the manager in training
- Assisting the department in reaching its objectives
- Assisting with any special projects or various administrative tasks as assigned
- Organising and planning your own work
- Communicating effectively:
- With members of the Customer Care department
- With Sales offices
- With Partner schools in English
- With clients in their mother tongue (and second language if knowledge is good enough)
- Handling customers' end of stay feedbacks and reviews
- Gathering testimonials
- Being able to redirect, up sell, cross sell to avoid changes and cancellations
Your professional skills
- Experience of language studies abroad is a plus
- You are able to work in an autonomous and organised manner, with a high sense of responsibility
- Your mother tongue is German or at you have at least a C2/C1 level and you have a very good command of English (C1)
- You possess a good knowledge of geography
Your personal skills
- You have great communication skills
- As a committed team player, you are flexible and have great listening abilities
- You have experience and a taste for travelling
What We Offer You:
- This is a full-time position based in Barcelona. You will be fully supported in your role with on-going coaching and training from your colleagues and managers.
- A chance to work in the headquarters of KLG in a prime location in Barcelona
- The opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in marketing tools and platforms
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment, in the exciting field of language travel
- A dynamic work atmosphere
- Free breakfast on Monday and fresh fruit every Thursday.
- Free coffee & milk
- WFH: 2 days per week
- Free languages courses abroad
- Discounts with Sanitas medical insurance
- Place of work: Barcelona
- Start date: asap
- Type of contract: temporary
- Activity rate: Full time
Please apply with CV in English