Camp Manager - Keele - UK
- Keele, Keele, England, United Kingdom
Alpadia Language Schools from Kaplan International Languages, offers all-year round schools in Montreux, Berlin, Freiburg and Lyon, teaching French and German. Alpadia also provides English, French and German summer courses for juniors and teens in Europe and North America. Initially established in 1996, and now larger than ever, our mission is to encourage language development through immersion and to expand the horizons of our students, to inspire their future.
Join ALPADIA’s teams to make the 2020 summer an unbelievable experience! We are looking for highly motivated people, who have the ability to engage and inspire young students, and who are looking for an enriching and educational experience.
ALPADIA committed to safeguarding and promoting our students' wellbeing. All staff are expected to contribute to a positive camp culture that supports this ethos.
For the 2020 season, we are currently recruiting a Camp Manager of our course centre in Keele.
This is a key role to ensure the academic and co-curricular programmes in the camp meet ALPADIA’s high standards, quality welfare arrangements are made for our students and staff are led by example.
- Leading a team of Language teachers and activity leaders
- Quality controlling the camp’s operations in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Ensuring the camp meets or exceeds British Council requirements
- Managing up to 100 students each week
- Organising sports and cultural activities, ensuring all sessions are properly planned
- Liaising with ALPADIA’s Head Office and Sales & Admissions teams
- Ability to manage a team of diverse personalities and skills
- Professional experience in holiday course centres or similar structures preferred
- Teaching experience or qualifications preferred
- Excellent English, with an additional European language desirable
- High sense of responsibility, organisation and initiative
- Ability to multitask and overcome stressful situations
We offer you:
- An unforgettable experience in a young and dynamic atmosphere
- An international working environment
- A first experience with ALPADIA which is present in 4 countries in Europe with 14 summer camps for teenagers
- Free entrance for all activities and excursions
- Attractive bonus options for returners and the possibility of career progression
Location of our course centre and dates of commitment:
- Keele: 27.06.20 – 09.08.20 (shorter contracts are available)
- Training dates TBC
- This is a residential position with accommodation provided on site
- All staff employed will be required to provide / undergo an Enhanced DBS check (and provide overseas conduct certificates where applicable)
Do you enjoy teamwork and working with children? Are you ready to get involved and have a new, enriching experience? Send us your application (CV and cover letter).
Only applications accepted for an interview will receive a reply.