Contributor Growth Marketer
- 2 Shotwell St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Almanac’s mission is to democratize access to 21st century skills, insights, and tools so that no one is limited by knowledge in pursuit of their potential.
Through our own experiences, we’ve seen professionals at digital businesses waste too much time trying to find answers they can trust that help them do their jobs better. We believe this problem isn’t rooted in a lack of knowledge or expertise in the world, but in the deficiencies of tools we rely on to access, share, and improve how work gets done.
To make opportunity available to everyone, we’re building a knowledge platform that technology professionals can trust for documenting, distributing, and collaborating on how they work. We replace tools like Confluence and Google Docs to help individuals quickly access knowledge within and across companies that they can trust deeply.
We’ve been moving fast since we founded Almanac in January 2019. Since then, we’ve built and launched the initial version of our product to 30 customers, raised a $3M+ seed round from leading Silicon Valley investors, and grown our full-time team to 15 people.
That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a Contributor Growth Manager who is passionate about developing hypothesis, launching experiments and scaling communities to help us scale Almanac’s contributor community.
As Contributor Growth Manager, you’ll develop, execute, and optimize growth and engagement strategies to scale our base of Almanac contributors, leading experiments to source contributors ever more efficiently to meet Almanac’s ambitious goals.
Specifically, you will:
- Spearhead developing a scalable contributor acquisition strategy
- Develop contributor personas and segmenting criteria to improve targeting and outreach strategy
- Manage a backlog of experiments to target and source contributors to meet growth goals
- Execute and iterate on tests each week to continually improve sourcing efficiency
- Analyze and report on tests to identify winning variables to optimize sourcing
- Work closely with operations teams to increase process efficiency from acquisition through each step in the funnel
Experiences that will make you stand out:
- 3-5 years of tenure at an earlier-stage, high-growth startup
- Experience on an early stage growth team or performance marketing team
- Deep understanding of tech community culture
- Expertise in scaling and engaging communities on a platform
- Mastery of email marketing, ad campaigns, and other outreach methods
- Knowledge around growth experimentation processes
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- Deep analytical skills in using complex data to identify optimization opportunities
- A bias towards speed, action, and ambition
- An obsession with delivering results that can be seen and measured
- A comfort with ambiguity
- Flexibility and scrappiness, and happiness when things are constantly on the move
- A proven track record of working well across teams and leading through influence
- An ability to Get Things Done faster than anyone expects you to
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery