Brand Marketing Manager
- 2 Shotwell St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Almanac’s mission is to democratize access to 21st century skills, insights, and tools so that no one is limited by knowledge in pursuit of their potential.
Through our own experiences, we’ve seen professionals at digital businesses waste too much time trying to find answers they can trust that help them do their jobs better. We believe this problem isn’t rooted in a lack of knowledge or expertise in the world, but in the deficiencies of tools we rely on to access, share, and improve how work gets done.
To make opportunity available to everyone, we’re building a knowledge platform that technology professionals can trust for documenting, distributing, and collaborating on how they work. We replace tools like Confluence and Google Docs to help individuals quickly access knowledge within and across companies that they can trust deeply.
We’ve been moving fast since we founded Almanac in January 2019. Since then, we’ve built and launched the initial version of our product to 30 customers, raised a $3M+ seed round from leading Silicon Valley investors, and grown our full-time team to 15 people.
That’s where you come in: we’re now looking for a Brand Marketing Manager to help us define and amplify the Almanac story and drive organic acquisition through social media.
We’re looking for a creative, driven, thoughtful marketer to help us build and humanize the Almanac story, and project it out into the world in powerful, measurable ways.
Specifically, you will:
- Capture and communicate what the Almanac brand stands for
- Translate Almanac’s goals and priorities into messaging and positioning
- Ship marketing projects and tests that build awareness and engage new users and customers
- Plan integrated brand campaigns from start to finish (research, briefs, concepting, creative development, media plans, and measurement)
- Measure the impact of your work, and iterate and learn quickly
- Conduct user research related to our users’ understanding of Almanac’s messaging
- Create internal resources—guidelines, materials, processes—for our employees to tell the Almanac story
Experiences that will make you stand out:
- 2-4 years of brand marketing experience at a leading consumer or enterprise technology company
- Managing integrated, cross-functional marketing campaigns from end to end
- Devising and telling great brand stories that didn’t exist before you
- Building and running systems to measure brand awareness and engagement
- Reinventing your company’s marketing playbook with new strategies and tactics
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- Equal strength in seeing the big picture and perfecting the small details
- An amazing storyteller—seen through excellent written and verbal communication
- An inclination to do things differently—and better—than other benchmarks
- A confident sense of what “good taste” means
- Ability to measure the impact of your work on users and customers
- Excitement over managing creative processes across teams
- Hunger to build a brand that can improve the lives of millions of professionals
- Ability to get things done faster than anyone expects you to
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery