- 2 Shotwell St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Almanac’s mission is to democratize access to 21st century skills, insights, and tools so that no one is limited by knowledge in pursuit of their potential.
Through our own experiences, we’ve seen professionals at digital businesses waste too much time trying to find answers they can trust that help them do their jobs better. We believe this problem isn’t rooted in a lack of knowledge or expertise in the world, but in the deficiencies of tools we rely on to access, share, and improve how work gets done.
To make opportunity available to everyone, we’re building a knowledge platform that technology professionals can trust for documenting, distributing, and collaborating on how they work. We replace tools like Confluence and Google Docs to help individuals quickly access knowledge within and across companies that they can trust deeply.
We’ve been moving fast since we founded Almanac in January 2019. Since then, we’ve built and launched the initial version of our product to 30 customers, raised a $3M+ seed round from leading Silicon Valley investors, and grown our full-time team to 15 people.
That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a full-time Editor to join our Knowledge Operations team to help create a nonproprietary, open access Core of digital business knowledge that will help professionals work faster and better.
As a core member of our Knowledge team, we’re looking for a passionate, seasoned expert in one or more functions (e.g., Product, People, Marketing) who wants to make a big impact by synthesizing and sharing frameworks, templates, and guides with Almanac users.
Our Editors turn knowledge from expert contributors into comprehensive documentation guides for our users. As an Editor, you will own the prioritization of the knowledge roadmap in your functional areas and will be accountable for the quality of our knowledge as evaluated by our users.
Specifically, you will:
- Assume the role of a product manager for your set of related professional knowledge areas (e.g., Sales, Customer Service, Customer Success; Engineering Management, Product Management, Project Management)
- Prioritize and sequence what topics to develop within knowledge areas
- Edit and improve the quality of articles, templates, and frameworks you receive
- Measure and improve the quality of articles in your domain around solving your target users’ needs
- Optimize the impact of your knowledge for Almanac’s topline user growth
- Collaborate with Almanac’s product team to improve the user experience and integration between our knowledge and our technology products
Our knowledge team is looking for unicorns – people who excel at structured thinking, user-focused product management skills, a love of communicating through technical writing and templates, and deep experience in one or more tech functions.
- Experience working in tech roles. We’re looking for people with experience in our user’s shoes – actually working in tech roles. This is essential. It gives editors an intuition for what topics are important, and what “great” looks like.
- Management consulting or business school. We’re looking for rigorous, structured thinking and communication, and consulting or an MBA are the most common training grounds for these skills.
- Experience writing and editing. This could be at work or recreationally. Either way, you must be obsessive about clear writing and thinking – and have spent thousands of hours practicing this discipline!
- Product management experience. Templates and processes are our product. Experience in product management processes are a big plus.
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- Rigorous, structured thinking
- Great writing and editing skills, and a passion for communicating
- An uncompromising obsession with high-quality work
- A relentless focus on user needs
- Desire to always move fast and prioritize speed over scope
- Empirical mindset, committed to experimentation and improvement
- Experience working at an early-stage company
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery