- 2 Shotwell St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Almanac’s mission is to democratize access to 21st century skills, insights, and tools so that no one is limited by knowledge in pursuit of their potential.
Through our own experiences, we’ve seen professionals at digital businesses waste too much time trying to find answers they can trust that help them do their jobs better. We believe this problem isn’t rooted in a lack of knowledge or expertise in the world, but in the deficiencies of tools we rely on to access, share, and improve how work gets done.
To make opportunity available to everyone, we’re building a knowledge platform that technology professionals can trust for documenting, distributing, and collaborating on how they work. We replace tools like Confluence and Google Docs to help individuals quickly access knowledge within and across companies that they can trust deeply.
We’ve been moving fast since we founded Almanac in January 2019. Since then, we’ve built and launched the initial version of our product to 30 customers, raised a $3M+ seed round from leading Silicon Valley investors, and grown our full-time team to 15 people.
That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a full-time growth marketer to drive organic adoption of our product to make it an indispensable tool for millions of digital business professionals across the globe.
At its core, Almanac has a base layer of non-proprietary technical knowledge sourced from thousands of experts in their fields. In early fall, we plan to launch this open access repository of the highest-quality startup knowledge to the general public. The Almanac Core represents a tremendous content marketing opportunity for viral acquisition through organic channels. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a hungry, creative, data-obsessed growth marketing manager to design, build, and optimize an organic growth strategy that can scale access to trusted answers to hundreds of thousands of new Almanac users.
You will generally be responsible for:
- Building out our SEO, referrals, and organic growth strategy and implementation
- Managing our SEO program to grow inbound traffic to the Almanac Core, and working with our engineering teams to address technical SEO issues
- Creating paid and organic referral programs that incentivize users who love our products to share it with others
- Using data analytics to monitor, analyze, and improve our website activity
- Evangelizing growth across the company and driving ever faster velocity
- Collaborating with our product and knowledge teams to build amazing new experiences that drive traffic and engagement
Growth marketing experiences that will make you stand out:
- Scaling a B2B2C product or collaboration platform from small to big numbers
- Building SEO and referrals as key acquisition channels for your product
- Driving compounding growth through rapid, creative experimentation
- Creating analytical systems that help us understand performance of our tests
- Growing products that have stood out for their exceptional quality
- Setting up third-party tools, including analytics and marketing automation
- Understanding of HTML and the technical aspects of SEO, including site audits
- Working at early-stage startups where you were one of the first growth marketers
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- A born executor, with hunger to rapidly grow a world-changing product, who can balance speed, scope, and quality
- Natural orientation towards using data and analytics to unearth opportunities to scale what’s working and improve what’s not
- Unceasing fountain of creative ideas around ways to grow that span the product, marketing, and operational realms
- Relentless obsession with hitting and exceeding the goals you set for yourself
- A deep systems orientation—you believe that building, managing, and improving processes is the best way to achieve results
- Desire to work in a flat, collaborative culture where we win and lose as a team
- Comfort with, and joy in, the ambiguity of early stage products (bonus points if you’ve started, or have considered starting, your own company)
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions and the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery