Head of Design
- 2 Shotwell St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Almanac’s mission is to democratize access to 21st century skills, insights, and tools so that no one is limited by knowledge in pursuit of their potential.
Through our own experiences, we’ve seen professionals at digital businesses waste too much time trying to find answers they can trust that help them do their jobs better. We believe this problem isn’t rooted in a lack of knowledge or expertise in the world, but in the deficiencies of tools we rely on to access, share, and improve how work gets done.
To make opportunity available to everyone, we’re building a knowledge platform that technology professionals can trust for documenting, distributing, and collaborating on how they work. We replace tools like Confluence and Google Docs to help individuals quickly access knowledge within and across companies that they can trust deeply.
We’ve been moving fast since we founded Almanac in January 2019. Since then, we’ve built and launched the initial version of our product, raised a $2M+ seed round from leading Silicon Valley investors, and grown our full-time team to 10 people.
We’ve seen deep demand from a broad cross section of customers, who are asking for a powerful platform that can help their employees be their best selves at work.
That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a full-time Head of Design to lead the development of a product that will help people work better and faster.
As our Head of Design you will be responsible for realizing Almanac’s design-oriented value proposition. We’re looking for a passionate, seasoned designer who wants to make a big impact.
You will drive the design of our ambitious roadmap, perfecting our core features while testing new ideas and expanding customer functionality. You’ll play a critical role in creating our brand voice and standards and supervising the production of marketing assets, like our website and customer communications. And you’ll help us build out a top-tier design team that becomes our secret weapon and the envy of our competitors.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead the design of Almanac’s core product
- Hire and develop design managers and leads to meet our business demands and employee development needs
- Contribute to our company’s strategy, and set the monthly objectives and results for the design team
- Work with Almanac’s leadership to determine our design direction
- Collaborate with our product development and engineering teams to produce stunning, effective product interfaces and interactions
Design experiences that will make you stand out:
- Products with a lot of information density or data complexity
- Team-based collaboration features or experiences
- Enterprise technology companies that have consumer-oriented value propositions and experiences
- Subscription-based business models
- Starting and growing healthy, high-performing teams
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- An uncompromising obsession with high-quality work
- An ability to think for yourself
- Willingness to be both an effective individual contributor and inspiring manager
- Versatility across product and brand design
- A love of detailed, continuous feedback that makes the work better
- Desire to always move fast and prioritize speed over scope
- Hunger to build a world-changing product
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.