Head of Product
- 2 Shotwell St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Almanac’s mission is to democratize access to 21st century skills, insights, and tools so that no one is limited by knowledge in pursuit of their potential.
Through our own experiences, we’ve seen professionals at digital businesses waste too much time trying to find answers they can trust that help them do their jobs better. We believe this problem isn’t rooted in a lack of knowledge or expertise in the world, but in the deficiencies of tools we rely on to access, share, and improve how work gets done.
To make opportunity available to everyone, we’re building a knowledge platform that technology professionals can trust for documenting, distributing, and collaborating on how they work. We replace tools like Confluence and Google Docs to help individuals quickly access knowledge within and across companies that they can trust deeply.
We’ve been moving fast since we founded Almanac in January 2019. Since then, we’ve built and launched the initial version of our product, raised a $2M+ seed round from leading Silicon Valley investors, and grown our full-time team to 10 people.
We’ve seen deep demand from a broad cross section of customers, who are asking for a powerful platform that can help their employees be their best selves at work.
That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a Head of Product to drive the development of a collaboration-driven work platform that becomes an indispensable tool for digital business professionals.
As our Head of Product you will be responsible for delivering a product that solves a complex problem experienced by nearly every enterprise. We need somebody who is ambitious, has a high-bandwidth, great creativity, and wants to change the world.
Specifically, you will focus on a set of collaborative features—comments, sharing, document branching and merging—that help our users elevate how work gets done.
You will generally be responsible for:
- Listening to the diverse needs of our users and refining them into a prioritized product roadmap
- Driving the execution of our plan in collaboration with Engineering and Design: making tradeoffs, anticipating resource needs, mitigating risks, and frequently communicating updates
- Defining and upholding the high product quality standards our users expect
- Shaping our product development processes and systems as we rapidly scale
Experiences that will make you stand out:
- Managing products with information/content density or data complexity
- Building team-based collaboration features or experiences
- Working on products that rely on trust to build user engagement and retention
- Launching products that have stood out for their exceptional quality
- Time at enterprise technology companies that have consumer-oriented value propositions and experiences
- Working at early-stage startups where you were one of the first PM's
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- An innate ability to translate qualitative user feedback and quantitative data into an inspiring product vision and detailed feature requirements
- Comfort with, and joy in, making tough prioritization and sequencing decisions
- An uncompromising, deeply embedded obsession with high-quality work
- Natural default to logic reasoning from first principles
- Strength in deriving simplicity from complexity
- A love of detailed, continuous feedback that makes the product better
- A comfort working through the details of (sometimes annoying) edge cases
- Desire to always move fast and prioritize speed over scope
- Hunger to build a world-changing product
- Have started, or have considered starting, your own company
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.