Sales Director, Energy Storage
We are an ally for the grid, the people and the planet. Our battery energy storage makes energy more affordable, cleaner and accessible for everyone so that every factory, business and home to reduce their energy bills by up to 50% while providing flexibility to the grid to lower costs and accelerate decarbonisation.
Our first system, the Allye Max, is an innovative 320kWh mobile energy storage system using repurposed electric vehicle batteries. It is two-times cheaper and has 60% lower embedded CO2 than other similar systems. Our teams are developing the hardware and software solutions to transform our energy is managed at the grid-edge.
Following successful testing, pilots with major companies and further engineering development, the Max is now ready for series production. Due to our rapid growth, the team at Allye is expanding in multiple areas, increasing the depth and strength of our team of energy hustlers.
We are united by the shared values of freedom, autonomy and purpose. Allye is a company where you are empowered and respected as part of an inclusive and transparent culture that values all contributions as we collectively generate a positive impact for society and our planet.
The Sales Director is responsible for managing the sales pipeline and delivering commercial orders for Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) to hit company revenue targets. You will identify profitable business opportunities, aligned to our target customer markets, and develop long-term strategic business growth strategies to realise highly distributed, networked energy storage.
You will have a strong track record in sales and business development, recognised as a high-performer, and be comfortable selling hardware-as-a-service and subscription models associated with energy storage. This is multi-faceted role which requires a strong technical knowledge of Allye’s energy systems and strong business knowledge of the market for commercial and industrial (C&I) energy storage. This is a UK and Ireland focused role initially but has significant potential to grow into a global sales role for the right person.
You will lead projects from conception through contract execution with support from Allye’s technical teams. This role will focus on building strong customer relationships, negotiating and closing contracts. Our systems can sit both in-front of the meter (FtM) and behind-the-meter (BtM), and you will be adept at identifying opportunities and selling our solutions to a broad range of customers including utilities, DSOs, blue-chip organisations and SMEs.
You will build internal and external relationships that maximize performance, developing new business opportunities, drive revenue growth, conquest new channels, and build world-class sales operations processes and execution. In this role, you will play a crucial part in achieving our objective to create tangible social and environmental impact.
- Serve as the leader inside the company for the development of new business segments starting from the business case and market development activities
- Works with CEO to develop and drive company’s sales strategy focused on building existing and generating new revenue to meet growth targets
- Manage the C&I battery energy storage opportunity pipeline in UK and Ireland
- Lead the sales cycle, including deal origination, evaluation, contract negotiation and closing a targeted product volume and/or revenue each year
- Represent Allye at industry conferences and events, cultivating relationships within the energy industry to promote Allye and achieve strategic goals
- Recruit, train, and develop top-tier sales and operations talent
- Place customer experience at the heart at all processes and decisions
- Rapidly evaluate market dynamics across sectors and drivers
- Gather and disseminate competitive intelligence across the business
- Identify customers, applications, and segments that meet Allye’s target market
- Develop a deep understanding the customer’s needs inside and out
- Perform techno-economic analysis of opportunities and associated risks
- Build and maintain key relationships with customers and industry stakeholders
- Qualify business opportunities and create a strong list of prospects
- Provide technical and commercial guidance during the sales process providing a range of technical information on hardware, software, and service offerings
- Coordinate and conduct product tests, produce case studies to show value
- Generate and update all customer facing materials, specifications and documents
- Conduct customer savings assessment using usage and tariff data
- Manage and negotiate all new and renewal contracts with customers
- Originate and close a target number of sales opportunities per quarter
- Post-sale follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction and identify additional opportunities
- Develop quarterly and annual sales order and margin forecasts, tracking performance to targets with weekly reports and board reporting as required
- Support data driven decision making via reporting/CRM tools, develop and improve tools to support sales efforts and improve sales efficiency
- Streamline and optimise operational processes to enhance efficiency, reduce costs, and improve overall performance.
- Degree in business, economics, mathematics or statistics preferred or equivalent demonstration through additional work experience
- 5+ years experience in B2B sales and business development leadership roles in a technical field, such as transport, energy, telco or a related industry
- A clear hunter sales attitude and approach
- An ability to develop and execute sales strategies, to drive revenue growth
- Strong track record in building up sales pipelines successfully and driving prospects to efficient close
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating, managing, and executing contracts
- Experience with selling “as-a-service” business models
- Good knowledge of battery energy storage, Grid-scale and C&I markets
- Knowledge of local standards, codes and regulations, in UK and Ireland
- Ability to manage a sales P&L, set targets and report progress
- Ability to create and understand financial models
- Ability to understand and synthesize complex technical and product information
- Strong analytical, strategic planning, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Effective in a highly collaborative yet informally structured work environment
- Self-directing, ability to coordinate and direct others
- Experience with CRM software, sales analytics tools, and operations management systems
- Able to travel in UK and international on occasion
- Engineering degree
- A second European language, Spanish and German preferred
- Experience with Salesforce, Klue, RFPio, PowerBI a plus
- Understanding of current engineering principles including power systems, electrical interconnection, battery energy storage systems, etc
- Have experience with renewable technologies, such as PV, wind and/or storage
- Experience from automotive, the battery industry or related technology startup
- Good knowledge of electricity markets, the value chain and DSOs
- Strong knowledge of battery technologies and energy storage
We believe that diversity drives innovation. Be a part of our journey to revolutionise the energy storage industry by introducing more sustainable and superior products to the market.
Please note that at this time we are unable to provide UK visa sponsorship
Strictly No Agencies