Chief Program Engineer (CPE) – Automotive / Energy Storage
We are an ally for the grid, the people and the planet. Our battery energy storage makes energy more affordable, cleaner and accessible for everyone so that every factory, business and home to reduce their energy bills by up to 50% while providing flexibility to the grid to lower costs and accelerate decarbonisation.
Our first system, the Allye Max, is an innovative 320kWh mobile energy storage system using repurposed electric vehicle batteries. It is two-times cheaper and has 60% lower embedded CO2 than other similar systems. Our teams are developing the hardware and software solutions to transform our energy is managed at the grid-edge.
Following successful testing, pilots with major companies and further engineering development, the Max is now ready for series production. Due to our rapid growth, the team at Allye is expanding in multiple areas, increasing the depth and strength of our team of energy hustlers.
We are united by the shared values of freedom, autonomy and purpose. Allye is a company where you are empowered and respected as part of an inclusive and transparent culture that values all contributions as we collectively generate a positive impact for society and our planet.
We are seeking a Chief Engineer from the Automotive industry to lead our energy storage Systems to spearhead the technical, financial and commercial development of an innovative new energy storage product within the Allye family.
This role represents a unique opportunity to lead your own project within a rapidly growing and dynamic company. As the project lead, you will coordinate efforts across multiple teams and stakeholders, fostering collaboration in the UK and Europe.
In this role, you'll have full project autonomy to define requirements and deliver an energy storage solution for households. Moreover, you'll collaborate with leading research institutions specialising in power electronics across Europe to drive the development of cutting-edge technology.
The ideal candidate will have a background in electrical engineering either in consumer electronics, energy storage or electric vehicles and a strong understanding of the energy transition.
Joining Allye at this early stage offers a one-of-a-kind chance to take charge of one of our most exciting projects. You will be at the forefront of an emerging industry, leaving a lasting impact on the future of energy storage.
- Project ownership of a residential energy storage system, managing it from specification through design, prototype, validation, and manufacturing.
- Develop comprehensive functional and non-functional requirements at the system level.
- Oversee the review and approval of system, subsystems, and component requirements.
- Define and document system architecture to align with product objectives.
- Evaluate designs for compliance to established requirements.
- Collaborate closely with product teams to ensure the inclusion of all requirements and requests.
- Designing system for ease of installation and understanding how this impacts the overall engineering system.
- Familiarity with embedded control, application, and programming of microcontrollers, PLDs, and similar devices
- Make critical choices in major component selection.
- Create architectural and electrical schematics.
- Design and prototype compact PCB’s for control electronics and power transfer.
- Validate electrical connections and components.
- Provide support and project management for AC-DC sub-system evaluation and topology selection, contributing to product-level features, design, and vision using your experience and creativity.
- Collaborate within a team of release designers, engineers, and manufacturing engineers to transition designs from prototypes to pre-production demonstration units.
- Conduct testing of in-house prototypes and external systems to validate functionality, optimise performance, and assess critical characteristics.
- Defining, maintaining, and enforcing good engineering practices within the Embedded Hardware.
- Demonstrating expertise in quality and reliability within electronic engineering principles.
- Troubleshooting and resolving system integration issues (prototype level).
- Collaborating with suppliers/project partners to ensure on-time, quality delivery.
- Creating and maintaining all pertinent technical and project management documentation, including requirements, specifications, DFMEA, test plans, and project plans.
- Regularly comparing project target costs to actual, conducting scheduled financial meetings and attending the steering committee of the project.
- Managing the project's finances to ensure it stays on budget.
- Ensuring that BoM targets are achieved and rigorously enforced to reduce costs for future iterations and improvements.
- Possessing a strong grasp of compact electronics manufacturing, facilitating informed decisions between in-house and contract manufacturing.
- Possess a minimum of degree in Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in the complete electronics product development lifecycle, from inception to delivery.
- Experience in engineering program leadership and in a matrix organisation
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in either hardware development or power electronics or embedded electronics .
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with battery systems.
- Some-one hands one and willing to do, not just coordinate others
- Display a strong self-motivation and the ability to effectively collaborate within a team.
- Eligibility to work in the United Kingdom is required.
- Prior experience in a senior embedded systems role
- Understanding of EMC/EMI and have experience of certification and compliance.
- Prior involvement in the fields of energy storage.
We believe that diversity drives innovation. Be a part of our journey to revolutionise the energy storage industry by introducing more sustainable and superior products to the market.
Please note that at this time we are unable to provide UK visa sponsorship
Strictly No Agencies