Creative Freelance Writer Needed at Tech Startup (US Candidates Only)
- 22025 Hawthorne Blvd, Torrance, CA 90503, USA
AllyRight is an inclusion-centric start-up with two main focuses: to become the world's leading web compliance platform and to create opportunities for social empowerment.
Our software is a website compliance audit platform. It provides organizations of all sizes with the tools to conduct automated and manual audits of Website Accessibility, Performance, Security, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and Privacy compliance.
As for the second focus. we team up with different nonprofits and donate 5% of software revenue to empower people with disabilities and women in tech, as well as to research and expose the gender-pay gap.
Are you a prolific writer who likes to research and learn about different topics?
Do you want to work remotely and set your own schedule?
Do you want your work to have a positive impact in the world?
If yes, then, we will be delighted to work with you.
We are seeking freelance writers to create digital content, including blog articles, case studies, newsletters, web pages, and email sequences, and more, as needed.
You will help to inform the public about different topics while promoting the AllyRight brand, showing the benefits of our software. The content needs to be written in in plain English, avoiding jargon, making it easier for people of all experience levels to understand.
The main topics for which we need content are:
- WEB ACCESSIBILITY
- CYBER SECURITY
- WEB PRIVACY
- WEBSITE PERFORMANCE
- GENDER GAP/FEMALE EMPOWERMENT
- EMPOWERMENT OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
You can write about one or all topics above, depending on your expertise/willingness to research and learn about other topics. Just let us know what topic(s) you want to focus on.
Articles and case studies must have sources, so you will be expected to do some research prior to writing. If needed, our creative and digital marketing team, as well as subject matter experts (SMEs) will be available to assist you.
We have on-going work and give regular feedback on how to better communicate our message using our voice. We strongly prefer writers interested in long-term engagement, who can do multiple pieces a week
**You will be credited as the author of the blog articles you write.**
Weekly payment at 2.2 cents per word with a minimum of 2500 written words per assignment/week. We pay via PayPal.
The ideal candidate:
• English speaker who loves to write; avid reader who loves to learn new topics
• Can write informative, instructional, persuasive and/or inspiring articles
• Experienced writing for SaaS and/or with B2B technology companies (huge plus!)
• Experienced in Content Marketing and SEO (huge plus!)
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Able to explain complex concepts in simple terms
• Passionate about gender-pay equality and female empowerment, as well as empowerment of people with disabilities
• Thrives working under tight deadlines, is very detailed, organized, fast, succinct, and clear
• Team player, ethical, optimistic, with a sense of humor, and wants to improve the world
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.