Unarmed Security Officer Retail - Nashville TN
- Suite 125
A strategic partner of Alliance Training and Testing LLC is currently recruiting a full time security officer for a retail environment in the West Nashville, TN area.
Monday - Saturday 10:00am-6:00pm
48 Hours Per Week Total / 8 Hours OT
Possess valid Tennessee driver’s license.
Drug screen and background check.
18 years of age.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
TN Unarmed Security License (preferred) or ability to obtain according to State of TN requirements.
Retail security experience a plus.
- Duties consist of, but are not limited to, a number of responsibilities necessary to maintain the security and safety of each client site.
- Interacts with a variety of persons including clients, visitors, public safety officials, employees, and the general public.
- Maintains a HIGHLY visible presence observing and reporting all unusual activity and initiates management and client contact escalation procedures.
- Patrolling, inspecting and/ or securing access areas into and onto client’s premises, as well as to highly sensitive locations within the buildings.
- Conducts security checks and inspects building entrances and exits.
- Locks and unlocks areas according to schedule.
- Conducts and reports results of site safety and security inspections.
- Responds to emergency / alarm calls and notifies, assists and directs emergency personnel as necessary.
- Delivers items to security posts and escorts employees to their vehicles as required.
- Operates basic equipment such as a telephone, computer, and other related equipment as necessary.
- Prepares, processes, or transmits various reports.
- Other duties as assigned by Citadel management or the Client.
- Must be able to walk, run and climb stairs.
- Must be able to repetitively open heavy glass and metal doors.
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds (opening & closing roll up doors).
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to outside elements including inclement weather for a 12 hour shift.
- Must have sufficient hearing to respond to normal verbal speech, alarm signals, radio and telephone communications.
- Must have sufficient visual acuity to read and understand tenant rosters, employee listings' post order, maps, computer screens, check identification (such as company rosters, driver’s license) and to distinguish the faces of employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and/or drive for up to 90% of a 12 hour shift.
- Must have a command of the English language that is easily understood both orally and in writing in for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Citadel Security Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.