Veterinary Technician Externship
Mountain Emergency Animal Center is a well-established, progressive, fast-paced 4 FT doctor small animal emergency practice located in Blue Ridge, GA. We offer many services to provide the best comprehensive care to our patients including in-house lab work, radiology, ultrasonography, ability to hospitalize (even in isolation and oxygen), a full surgical suite and intensive care. We are proud to be a source for emergency and after-hours care in the Blue Ridge area.
- Mountain Emergency Animal Center is the only ER within a 2-hour radius
- Open 24 hours on weekends, Mondays and holidays; 6 pm - 8 am Tuesdays - Thursdays; Friday 6pm-Tuesday 8am (24 hours on Sat, Sun, Mon)
- See many medical cases like GI, toxicities, cardiovascular, renal, etc.
- Perform emergency surgeries like GDV’s, foreign bodies, C-sections, pyometras and more.
Mountain Emergency Animal Center is located in Blue Ridge, GA. The proximity to Atlanta and Chattanooga allows for easy commute to the tri-state area. Fannin County and surrounding county public schools are excellent, making it an ideal area to raise a family! Popular activities in the area include hiking, boating/fishing, and other nature and outdoor activities, like apple-picking in the fall and bird-watching. The greater Blue Ridge area is a wonderful place to enjoy a healthy and active work-life balance.
We’re looking for:
- Active Veterinary Technician Students
- Compassionate, Team Player and Strong Communicator
- Students looking to enhance their education through real world experiences
- Must be in an active Veterinary Technician Program from an AVMA Accredited Institution.
We offer our Veterinary Technician Externs:
- Flexible Scheduling
- Paid Externship Hours/Stipend Available
- Future Employment Opportunity Preferences
- Peer Coaching – DVM’s and other experienced Technicians
- 1:1 Mentorship and Guidance
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin