Lakeside Veterinary Hospital is a well-established, progressive; fast paced 5 doctor Small Animal/Exotics Emergency and General practice located in Carbondale, Illinois. We offer many services to provide the best comprehensive care to our patients including Preventative and Emergency Hospital Care, Surgery, Urgent Care, High Speed Dentistry, In-House Diagnostics, Digital full body and dental radiology, Ultrasonography, CT-Scan, and more.
Lakeside Veterinary Hospital is located in the urban city of Carbondale, Illinois. With close proximity for easy commute to St. Louis, MO or Nashville, TN. Jackson and Williamson County public schools are ever growing, making it an ideal area to raise a family! Popular activities in the area include hiking through the Shawnee National Forest, exploring the Shawnee Wine Trail, fishing/boating on the many beautiful lakes, watching minor league baseball games, and college sports through Southern Illinois University. Lakeside Veterinary Hospital is a wonderful place to enjoy a healthy and active work-life balance.
To learn more about us click here.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Pet restraint, triage incoming patients, collection and analysis of lab samples, diagnostic imaging, management and nursing care of medical and hospitalized cases with varying degrees of stability, administration of medications, effective communication of treatment plans with clients, surgical preparation and assistance, and anesthetic management.
Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises. May be exposed to bites, scratches, animal waste and potentially contagious diseases.
Whether you’re looking to just be a master of your role or trying to grow into that next career move, you’ll have opportunities through a variety of virtual and hands on, interactive training and continuing development.
We’re looking for:
- An experienced Veterinary Assistant with a minimum of 1-year experience preferred.
- Compassionate, Calm, Team Player, Multi-Tasker and Strong Communicator
- Must be able to properly restrain pets.
- Open Availability, including weekends and overnight shifts preferred
- Proficient in sample collection, obtaining medical histories, processing laboratory tests and radiographs, and anesthesia monitoring are a bonus!
- Self-starter with the desire to continue to advance your knowledge and skillset.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
+ Ability to sit or stand and work at a computer for long periods of time.
+ Ability to be confident around animals (i.e., dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, etc. Candidate to confirm species treated with practice leadership for additional clarity.)
+ Client needs and work volume may occasionally require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job. This position may require special working hours, including working weekends, evenings and/or holidays.
+ Must have mental capacity and processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
+ The noise level in the work environment is moderately high. Ear plugs will be available upon request.
+ Job requires sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform required duties while working.
+ Ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
+ Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate other equipment as required.
+ Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
+ Hospital teammates are routinely exposed to a variety of animals that may bite, kick or scratch, and on occasion, may be exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological or zoonotic hazards and/or medication/controlled substances.
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k & 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, & FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
- Hiring eligibility may be contingent to a candidate authorizing and completing a satisfactory background check.
*Note – some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin