Experienced Veterinary Assistant
Rockmart Animal Hospital is a well-established, progressive, multi-doctor small animal, general practice located in Rockmart, GA. We offer many services to provide the best comprehensive care to our patients including Wellness Services, Preventative Care, Urgent Care, General & Orthopedic Surgery, Digital Full Body X-Ray, Ultrasound, Full In-House Laboratory, In-House Pharmacy, Medical and/or Vacation Boarding, Grooming & more.
Rockmart, Georgia, is a part of the Northwest Georgia Region; it is a fantastic community that is growing rapidly. We are located 45 minutes north of Atlanta. Outdoor enthusiast will enjoy the Silver Comet Trail which runs through downtown Rockmart. A rails-to-trails success, Georgia's Silver Comet Trail follows an old rail line for 61 miles from just outside of Atlanta to the Georgia-Alabama state line and continues as the Chief Ladiga Trail. One of the longest paved pathways in the United States, the Silver Comet Trail cuts a scenic route through preserved forests, rural country sides and historic downtowns.
Come visit historic downtown Rockmart and enjoy our many antique shops and downtown park. The City of Rockmart hosts many events and festivals throughout the year including the Annual Heritage Days and Welshfest celebrating our Welsh heritage. The city of Rockmart owes its very existence to a Welshman, Seaborn Jones, who brought the railroad to town and created a city originally called Rock Market.
People often comment on the friendliness of Rockmart residents. People wave and smile at each other in the street, and community events are well-attended.
To learn more about us click here.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Pet restraint, triage incoming patients, collection and analysis of lab samples, diagnostic imaging, management and nursing care of medical and hospitalized cases with varying degrees of stability, administration of medications, effective communication of treatment plans with clients, surgical preparation and assistance, and anesthetic management.
Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises. May be exposed to bites, scratches, animal waste and potentially contagious diseases.
Whether you’re looking to just be a master of your role or trying to grow into that next career move, you’ll have opportunities through a variety of virtual and hands on, interactive training and continuing development.
We’re looking for:
- A high work ethic and positive attitude team member
- Ability to arrive on-time and ready to work
- Must have animal experience – minimum 1 year of experience in an animal hospital.
- Weekend and holiday availability
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to communicate precisely
- Interpret medical records and record client history accurately
- Knowledge in preventative care, surgical procedures, and hospital flow
- Ability to restrain pets in a low-stress and safe manner
- Proficient in sample collection to include blood samples, urine, fecal, and skin
- Ability to properly set-up and process laboratory samples and tests
- Experience in positioning and capturing radiographs a plus
- Proficient in anesthesia and surgical monitoring
- A self-starter with the desire to continue to advance one’s knowledge and skillset
- Ability to receive in a professional manner constructive feedback to maintain hospital efficiency
- Experience in routine grooming procedures such as bathing and nail trims.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
+ Ability to sit or stand and work at a computer for long periods of time.
+ Ability to be confident around animals (i.e., dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, etc. Candidate to confirm species treated with practice leadership for additional clarity.)
+ Client needs and work volume may occasionally require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job. This position may require special working hours, including working weekends, evenings and/or holidays.
+ Must have mental capacity and processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
+ The noise level in the work environment is moderately high. Ear plugs will be available upon request.
+ Job requires sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform required duties while working.
+ Ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
+ Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate other equipment as required.
+ Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
+ Hospital teammates are routinely exposed to a variety of animals that may bite, kick or scratch, and on occasion, may be exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological or zoonotic hazards and/or medication/controlled substances.
Starting pay: $12/hr based on experience
***Sign-on Bonus Available (based on experience)***
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k & 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, & FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
- *Hiring eligibility may be contingent to a candidate authorizing and completing a satisfactory background check.
*Note – some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin