Overnight Veterinary Technician
Animal Emergency of Pasco is a small animal emergency hospital conveniently located on U.S. Highway 19 in Port Richey. We serve your pet with any urgent and critical care needs after hours, weekends, and holidays. Founded in 1990 by a local veterinarian, our facility is an overnight clinic available for your pets continued care and emergencies. We understand it is stressful not being able to see your regular vet when your pet is not well, but you can rest easy knowing your pet is in good hands with our attentive staff. Our mission is to provide comprehensive, high quality medical and surgical care. We offer an extensive range of service all located within the premises. We equip a well-stocked pharmacy, surgery suite, digital x-ray, isolation units, intensive care units, oxygen support, diagnostic lab, ultrasonography, and a canine and feline blood bank.
Port Richey is a short drive to beautiful and booming Tampa, FL. If you love the ocean, delicious restaurants, boating, fishing, and everything in between, this is the place for you!
To learn more about us, click here!
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Animal restraint, triage of incoming patients, collection and analysis of lab samples, diagnostic imaging, management and nursing care of medical and hospitalized cases with varying degrees of stability, administration of medications, effective communication of treatment plans with clients, surgical preparation and assistance, and anesthetic management.
Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises. May be exposed to bites, scratches, animal waste and potentially contagious diseases.
Whether you’re looking to just be a master of your role or trying to grow into that next career move, you’ll have opportunities through a variety of virtual and hands on, interactive training and continuing development.
We’re looking for:
- A high work ethic and positive attitude team member
- Ability to arrive on-time and ready to work
- A minimum of 1-year experience preferred, CVT/RVT/LVT a bonus
- Weekend availability
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to communicate precisely
- Interpret medical records and record client history accurately
- Knowledge in preventative care, surgical procedures, and hospital flow
- Ability to restrain pets in a low-stress and safe manner
- Proficient in sample collection to include blood samples, urine, fecal, and skin
- Ability to properly set-up and process laboratory samples and tests
- Proficient in positioning and capturing radiographs, positioning for dental radiographs are a plus
- Proficient in anesthesia and surgical monitoring
- A self-starter with the desire to continue to advance one’s knowledge and skillset
- Ability to receive in a professional manner constructive feedback to maintain hospital efficiency
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
+ Ability to sit or stand and work at a computer for long periods of time.
+ Ability to be confident around animals (i.e., dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, etc. Candidate to confirm species treated with practice leadership for additional clarity.)
+ Client needs and work volume may occasionally require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job. This position may require special working hours, including working weekends, evenings and/or holidays.
+ Must have mental capacity and processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
+ The noise level in the work environment is moderately high. Ear plugs will be available upon request.
+ Job requires sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform required duties while working.
+ Ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
+ Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate other equipment as required.
+ Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
+ Hospital teammates are routinely exposed to a variety of animals that may bite, kick or scratch, and on occasion, may be exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological or zoonotic hazards and/or medication/controlled substances.
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k & 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, & FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
*Note – some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin