Veterinary Kennel Technician
At Walkertown Veterinary Hospital, we're dedicated to providing the highest standard of veterinary care for your pet. We have 3 veterinarians that understand every pet has individual healthcare needs and we strive to partner with our clients to meet those needs. Our full-service hospital cares for patients in Walkertown, Kernersville, Walnut Cove, Winston-Salem, and the surrounding areas of North Carolina.
Our hospital is committed to offering our patients the latest in veterinary medicine, equipment, and technology. We have a state-of-the-art facility with a complete in-house laboratory, 2 digital radiology units, modern surgical suite with the ability to perform complex and orthopedic procedures, a class IV therapy laser and more!
Walkertown is a town in Forsyth County, North Carolina, a rural area outside of Winston-Salem. This homestyle town is known for its many great local restaurants, culture, rich history, and antiques galore! Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy mountain hiking, fishing, hunting, and exploring the beautiful surroundings. This growing region offers fantastic public schools and would be a great place to raise a family!
To learn more about us click here.
Come visit and check us out.... you won't want to leave!
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
The kennel tech is responsible for the care, feeding, medicating and cleaning of our patients in hospital, and our clients in the boarding facility. This job involves cleaning, laundry, bathing, feeding, walking dogs, and medicating. You are responsible for restocking hospital supplies, helping with post-operative patients, assisting doctors and assistants with animal restraint and exams. You will be responsible for proper recordkeeping of medications, special foods, appetite, behavior and any issue that may arise while the animal is in our care. You will be trained to clean and sterilize surgical instruments.
* Vet Assistant job duties will be included*
We are looking for someone with:
- Knowledge of cleaning and disinfecting methods.
- Proper methods of animal restraint.
- Ability to use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency.
- Perform moderately heavy physical labor (large dogs, bags of litter, pet foods, etc).
- Ability to sympathetically and patiently attend to sick, scared and injured animals.
- Ability to learn to administer medications and to recognize abnormal conditions.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of the job.
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k & 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, & FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
*Note – some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin