Lake Veterinary Clinic is a well-established, progressive, fast-paced multi-doctor general practice located in Mount Dora, FL. We offer many services to provide the best comprehensive care to our patients including Preventative Care, Surgery, Urgent Care, Dentistry, In-House Diagnostics + U/A Analyzer & Digital Radiology.
Lake Veterinary Clinic is located in beautiful Mount Dora. The proximity to Orlando allows for easy commute to the theme parks and big city life without the headache and traffic of living in the city, making it an ideal area to raise a family! Popular activities in the area include Disney, Sea World, Universal, I-Drive, fishing, camping, restaurants and more! This is a wonderful place to enjoy a healthy and active work-life balance.
To learn more about us click here.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Animal restraint, triage of incoming patients, collection and analysis of lab samples, diagnostic imaging, management and nursing care of medical and hospitalized cases with varying degrees of stability, administration of medications, effective communication of treatment plans with clients, surgical preparation and assistance, and anesthetic management.
Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises. May be exposed to bites, scratches, animal waste and potentially contagious diseases.
Whether you’re looking to just be a master of your role or trying to grow into that next career move, you’ll have opportunities through a variety of virtual and hands on, interactive training and continuing development.
We’re looking for:
- A high work ethic and positive attitude team member
- Ability to arrive on-time and ready to work
- A minimum of 1-year experience preferred, CVT/RVT/LVT a bonus
- Weekend availability
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to communicate precisely
- Interpret medical records and record client history accurately
- Knowledge in preventative care, surgical procedures, and hospital flow
- Ability to restrain pets in a low-stress and safe manner
- Proficient in sample collection to include blood samples, urine, fecal, and skin
- Ability to properly set-up and process laboratory samples and tests
- Proficient in positioning and capturing radiographs, positioning for dental radiographs are a plus
- Proficient in anesthesia and surgical monitoring
- A self-starter with the desire to continue to advance one’s knowledge and skillset
- Ability to receive in a professional manner constructive feedback to maintain hospital efficiency
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (paid vacation/sick time/holidays, health, dental, vision, liability, 401K, life & supplemental insurance, employee assistance program & personal pet care discounts)
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid CE Allowance & Professional Dues if licensed
- Career Development Opportunities
- CVT, RVT, LVT & CVPM Tuition Assistance Programs
- Referral Bonus Program
- Generous pet discounts
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin