Experienced Veterinary Receptionist
PAWSitive Veterinary of New York is a full-service, small animal practice in Brooklyn. We provide high-quality, comprehensive care including preventative medicine, wellness care, dentistry, in-house diagnostics, surgery, and more. Our fantastic team of doctors and technicians is devoted to caring for each pet as their own. We pride ourselves on maintaining ambitious standards with client-centered service. PAWSitive Veterinary’s goal is to keep pets healthy and happy through preventative medicine where we can catch and treat medical conditions early on. We partner with clinics in the area to have a wide selection of emergency referral services at our fingertips when our clients are in need of after-hours or critical care.
Brooklyn is New York City’s most populous borough. We are located on the west side of the island in proximity to many parks and dog-friendly areas. The area is home to iconic New York attractions like Coney Island, the Brooklyn Bridge, and some of the best New York-style pizza. Head to Brooklyn Heights for breathtaking views of the Manhattan skyline. Sports fans can enjoy a game of professional basketball, hockey, or baseball. Enjoy all the amenities and entertainment NYC has to offer while experiencing a more laid-back lifestyle. From delicious Italian restaurants in Bensonhurst to beautiful neighborhood parks, Brooklyn is a state of mind as well as a dynamic community!
To learn more about us, click here!
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Maintain the visual appeal of the hospital reception area, greet and welcome clients and patients, answer questions and triage client concerns, answer calls or emails and direct to the appropriate party for resolution, schedule appointments to maximize efficiency and daily flow, check in and check out clients and process payments. Our receptionists offer friendly emotional support in a compassionate and discreet manner during times of need to our clients and must be comfortable with various medical outcomes.
Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises. May be exposed to bites, scratches, animal waste and potentially contagious diseases.
Whether you’re looking to just be a master of your role or trying to grow into that next career move, you’ll have opportunities through a variety of virtual and hands on, interactive training and continuing development.
We’re looking for:
- Experienced Receptionist with a minimum of 1-year veterinary experience preferred
- Weekend availability, strongly preferred
- Compassionate, Calm, Team Player, Multi-Tasker and Strong Communicator
- Highly organized and possess computer skills
- Self-starter with the desire to continue to advance your knowledge and skillset.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Competitive pay, based on experience
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k & 401K matching program)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin