Veterinary Kennel Technician
Bellevue Animal Clinic is a well-established, progressive, fast paced 3 doctor small animal practice located in Little Rock, AR. We have developed strong relationships with our clients. We offer many services to provide the best comprehensive care to our patients including Preventative Care, Surgery, Urgent Care, High Speed Dentistry, Cold Laser Therapy, In-House Diagnostics, Digital full body and dental radiology, Ultrasonography, Medical and/or Vacation Boarding and more. We are proud to be accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association.
Bellevue Animal Clinic is located in the capital city of Arkansas. Little Rock is a small city with many opportunities, making it an ideal area to raise a family! Popular activities in the area include biking, hiking, hunting, and fishing - as the outdoors are all around us. Little Rock is a wonderful place to enjoy a healthy and active work-life balance.
To learn more about us click here.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
The kennel tech is responsible for the care, feeding, medicating, and cleaning of our patients in the hospital and boarding facility. This job involves cleaning, laundry, bathing, feeding, walking dogs, and medicating patients. You are responsible for restocking hospital supplies, helping with post-operative patients, assisting doctors and assistants with animal restraint and exams. You will be responsible for proper recordkeeping of medications, special foods, appetite, behavior and any issue that may arise while the animal is in our care. You may be trained to clean and sterilize surgical instruments.
We are looking for someone with:
- Knowledge of cleaning and disinfecting methods.
- Proper methods of animal restraint.
- Ability to use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency.
- Perform moderately heavy physical labor (large dogs, bags of litter, pet foods, etc).
- Ability to sympathetically and patiently attend to sick, scared and injured animals.
- Ability to learn to administer medications and to recognize abnormal conditions.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of the job.
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k & 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, & FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
*Note – some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin