Experienced Veterinary Technician
- 693 W Lumsden Rd, Brandon, FL 33511, USA
Animal Emergency Clinic of Brandon is a well-established, progressive, fast paced 2 doctor emergency small animal practice located in Brandon, Florida. We offer many services to provide the best comprehensive care to our patients including Urgent Care, Emergency and Critical Care, Surgery, In-House Diagnostics, Digital Radiology, and Ultrasonography.
Animal Emergency Clinic of Brandon is located in sunny, friendly Brandon, Florida. The proximity to Interstate 75 and Interstate 4 allows for easy commute to Tampa, Orlando, and Riverview. Hillsborough County public schools are close, making it an ideal area to raise a family! Popular activities in the area include Clearwater and St Pete Beaches, Fishing Charters for Deep Sea fishing or Shore Fishing, Tampa Bay Rays Baseball and Tampa Bay Buccaneers Football and Tampa Bay Lightning Hockey Teams, then there is Disney, Universal and Sea World theme parks, and Zoo’s. Animal Emergency Clinic of Brandon is a wonderful place to enjoy a healthy and active work-life balance.
To learn more about us click here.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Animal restraint, triage of incoming patients, collection and analysis of lab samples, diagnostic imaging, management and nursing care of medical and hospitalized cases with varying degrees of stability, administration of medications, effective communication of treatment plans with clients, surgical preparation and assistance, and anesthetic management.
Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises. May be exposed to bites, scratches, animal waste and potentially contagious diseases.
Whether you’re looking to just be a master of your role or trying to grow into that next career move, you’ll have opportunities through a variety of virtual and hands on, interactive training and continuing development.
We’re looking for:
- A high work ethic and positive attitude team member
- Ability to arrive on-time and ready to work
- A minimum of 1-year experience preferred, CVT/RVT/LVT a bonus
- Weekend availability
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to communicate precisely
- Interpret medical records and record client history accurately
- Knowledge in preventative care, surgical procedures, and hospital flow
- Ability to restrain pets in a low-stress and safe manner
- Proficient in sample collection to include blood samples, urine, fecal, and skin
- Ability to properly set-up and process laboratory samples and tests
- Proficient in positioning and capturing radiographs, positioning for dental radiographs are a plus
- Proficient in anesthesia and surgical monitoring
- A self-starter with the desire to continue to advance one’s knowledge and skillset
- Ability to receive in a professional manner constructive feedback to maintain hospital efficiency
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k & 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, & FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
*Note – some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin