- 2001 Sweets Dr, Carbondale, IL 62902, USA
Lakeside Veterinary Hospital is a well-established, progressive; fast paced 5 doctor Small Animal/Exotics Emergency and General practice located in Carbondale, Illinois. We offer many services to provide the best comprehensive care to our patients including Preventative and Emergency Hospital Care, Surgery, Urgent Care, High Speed Dentistry, In-House Diagnostics, Digital full body and dental radiology, Ultrasonography, CT-Scan, and more.
Lakeside Veterinary Hospital is located in the urban city of Carbondale, Illinois. With close proximity for easy commute to St. Louis, MO or Nashville, TN. Jackson and Williamson County public schools are ever growing, making it an ideal area to raise a family! Popular activities in the area include hiking through the Shawnee National Forest, exploring the Shawnee Wine Trail, fishing/boating on the many beautiful lakes, watching minor league baseball games, and college sports through Southern Illinois University. Lakeside Veterinary Hospital is a wonderful place to enjoy a healthy and active work-life balance.
To learn more about us click here.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Maintain the visual appeal or the hospital reception area, greet and welcome clients and patients, answer questions and triage client concerns, answer calls or emails and direct to the appropriate party for resolution, schedule appointments to maximize efficiency and daily flow, check in and check out clients and process payments. Our receptionists offer friendly emotional support in a compassionate and discreet manner during times of need to our clients and must be comfortable with various medical outcomes.
Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises. May be exposed to bites, scratches, animal waste and potentially contagious diseases.
Whether you’re looking to just be a master of your role or trying to grow into that next career move, you’ll have opportunities through a variety of virtual and hands on, interactive training and continuing development.
We’re looking for:
- Experienced Receptionist with a minimum of 1-year veterinary experience preferred
- Compassionate, Calm, Team Player, Multi-Tasker and Strong Communicator
- Highly organized and possess computer skills
- Self-starter with the desire to continue to advance your knowledge and skillset.
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k & 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, & FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
*Note – some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin