Experienced Veterinary Receptionist
- 4020 John Young Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32804, USA
John Young Parkway Animal Hospital is a full-service, small animal practice in Orlando. We provide high-quality, comprehensive care including preventative medicine, wellness care, dentistry, in-house diagnostics, and surgery. Our fantastic team of doctors and technicians is devoted to caring for each pet as their own. We pride ourselves on maintaining ambitious standards with client-centered service. John Young Parkway Animal Hospital's goal is to keep pets healthy and happy through preventative medicine where we can catch and treat medical conditions early on.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Maintain the visual appeal of the hospital reception area, greet and welcome clients and patients, answer questions and triage client concerns, answer calls or emails and direct to the appropriate party for resolution, schedule appointments to maximize efficiency and daily flow, check in and check out clients and process payments. Our receptionists offer friendly emotional support in a compassionate and discreet manner during times of need to our clients and must be comfortable with various medical outcomes.
Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises. May be exposed to bites, scratches, animal waste and potentially contagious diseases.
Whether you’re looking to just be a master of your role or trying to grow into that next career move, you’ll have opportunities through a variety of virtual and hands on, interactive training and continuing development.
We’re looking for:
- Experienced Receptionist with a minimum of 1-year veterinary experience preferred
- Compassionate, Calm, Team Player, Multi-Tasker and Strong Communicator
- Highly organized and possess computer skills
- Self-starter with the desire to continue to advance your knowledge and skillset.
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, & FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVTPartnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
*Note – some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin