Veterinary Technician/Veterinary Assistant
- 602 N Azusa Ave, Covina, CA 91722, USA
Affordable Animal Hospital is a full-service provider of quality companion animal medical care to Covina, California, and the surrounding areas. Our mission is guided by kindness and compassion where our team delivers the care to each pet that they would want their own pet to receive. Not only do we administer care in the clinic, but we also push for owner education and provide a wide range of guidelines and information available to assist clients following their visit.
We specialize in preventative care, dentistry, and surgeries. Our experts provide individualized vaccine programs based on age, breed, and environment. We perform regular checkups with nutritional and behavioral counseling to monitor the overall health of our clients. Affordable Animal Hospital is well versed in handling surgeries in our innovative surgery suite, whether that involves complex orthopedic procedures, emergencies, dental work, or spays and neuters. Our state-of-the-art facility is equipped to oversee radiography and urgent care during business hours.
The city of Covina has grown from one of the smallest cities in the region to a thriving suburb. Located east of downtown Los Angeles, Covina’s culture is a mix of vintage American and SoCal lifestyles. Visit the historic downtown lined with mom-and-pop diners, ice cream shops, and antique bookstores. Enjoy the best of Italian, Japanese, and Cajun cuisines, or pick up In-N-Out if that’s more your fancy. Skip the traffic and take the Metrolink for convenient transportation from San Bernadino to Downtown Los Angeles. Once you visit, you’ll want to stay for a high-quality lifestyle and shining sun!
To learn more about us, click here!
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Animal restraint, triage of incoming patients, collection and analysis of lab samples, diagnostic imaging, management and nursing care of medical and hospitalized cases with varying degrees of stability, administration of medications, effective communication of treatment plans with clients, surgical preparation and assistance, and anesthetic management.
Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises. May be exposed to bites, scratches, animal waste and potentially contagious diseases.
Whether you’re looking to just be a master of your role or trying to grow into that next career move, you’ll have opportunities through a variety of virtual and hands on, interactive training and continuing development.
We’re looking for:
- A high work ethic and positive attitude team member
- Ability to arrive on-time and ready to work
- A minimum of 1-year experience preferred, CVT/RVT/LVT a bonus
- Weekend availability
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to communicate precisely
- Interpret medical records and record client history accurately
- Knowledge in preventative care, surgical procedures, and hospital flow
- Ability to restrain pets in a low-stress and safe manner
- Proficient in sample collection to include blood samples, urine, fecal, and skin
- Ability to properly set-up and process laboratory samples and tests
- Proficient in positioning and capturing radiographs, positioning for dental radiographs are a plus
- Proficient in anesthesia and surgical monitoring
- A self-starter with the desire to continue to advance one’s knowledge and skillset
- Ability to receive in a professional manner constructive feedback to maintain hospital efficiency
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k & 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, & FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
*Note – some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin