Experienced Veterinary Receptionist
- 693 W Lumsden Rd, Brandon, FL 33511, USA
Animal Emergency Clinic of Brandon is a well-established, progressive, fast paced multi-doctor emergency small animal practice located in Brandon, Florida. We offer many services to provide the best comprehensive care to our patients including Urgent Care, Emergency and Critical Care, Surgery, In-House Diagnostics, Digital Radiology, and Ultrasonography.
Animal Emergency Clinic of Brandon is located in sunny, friendly Brandon, Florida. The proximity to Interstate 75 and Interstate 4 allows for easy commute to Tampa, Orlando, and Riverview. Hillsborough County public schools are close, making it an ideal area to raise a family! Popular activities in the area include Clearwater and St Pete Beaches, Fishing Charters for Deep Sea fishing or Shore Fishing, Tampa Bay Rays Baseball and Tampa Bay Buccaneers Football and Tampa Bay Lightning Hockey Teams, then there is Disney, Universal and Sea World theme parks, and Zoo’s. Animal Emergency Clinic of Brandon is a wonderful place to enjoy a healthy and active work-life balance.
To learn more about us click here.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Maintain the visual appeal of the hospital reception area, greet and welcome clients and patients, answer questions and triage client concerns, answer calls or emails and direct to the appropriate party for resolution, schedule appointments to maximize efficiency and daily flow, check in and check out clients and process payments. Our receptionists offer friendly emotional support in a compassionate and discreet manner during times of need to our clients and must be comfortable with various medical outcomes.
Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises. May be exposed to bites, scratches, animal waste and potentially contagious diseases.
Whether you’re looking to just be a master of your role or trying to grow into that next career move, you’ll have opportunities through a variety of virtual and hands on, interactive training and continuing development.
- Monday-Friday: 6PM–8AM
- Weekends: Saturday at 12 noon to Monday at 8AM
We’re looking for:
- Experienced Receptionist with a minimum of 1-2 years veterinary experience is required
- Ability to understand an exam is needed and that veterinary advice cannot be given over the phone
- Compassionate, Calm, Team Player, Multi-Tasker and Strong Communicator
- Highly organized and possess computer skills
- Self-starter with the desire to continue to advance your knowledge and skillset.
- Avimark experience a plus but not required
- The ability to recognize or learn to recognize an emergency if on the phone or coming in the door
- Part-time (less than 30 hours/week)
- Every Saturday from 12PM to 10PM
- Every Friday from 6PM to 12AM
- 1-2 years general practice veterinary receptionist experience:
- Emergency Veterinary or 2+ years of general practice veterinary receptionist experience:
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k & 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, & FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
*Note – some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin