Experienced Veterinary Technician or Assistant
- 777 Mathias Dr, Springdale, AR 72762, USA
The Animal Emergency and Specialty Center of NWA is a well-established and growing emergency and critical care practice. We are the only after hour facility in the Northwest Arkansas area and have a large pool of supportive referring veterinarians. Our practice is fully equipped with digital radiography, large touch screen monitors in all client rooms, Ultrasound, Idexx laboratories in house, and a ForceTriad electrosurgical system. Just as important, we have a friendly, highly skilled, motivated, and fun-loving staff. As a team member at our practice, you would be working a combination of day, night, weekend, and holiday shifts. We are very flexible with scheduling and are willing to work around requests, within reason. Our practice is remarkably busy, so it is important for our staff to be able to handle high-stress situations, multi-task well, and have good communication skills. Our technicians and assistants are highly utilized at the top of their skillsets and are constantly learning new techniques. We want our staff to be hands on! In July 2022, we will be relocating to a new and larger facility to better accommodate our growing staff and clients.
Northwest Arkansas is home to Crystal Bridges-a world class art museum, the state’s largest live-music amphitheater, and a multitude of distinctive historic downtowns. It is also the home to four state parks, making it a prime destination for hiking, biking, and anything outdoors.
To learn more about us click here.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Are you bored with an 8-5 job, doing the same routine work day after day? Do you love caffeine and snacks? Are you looking for a challenge while still having fun? Do you want a job that allows you to work on exciting cases and allows you to use every skill you've ever learned and learn new ones?! Do you want all this and to only work three days a week followed by four days off? Well, the Animal Emergency and Specialty Center is right for you!
We are looking to fill full and part time positions. We are seeking a motivated and positive CVT or assistant with a strong work ethic to work alongside other experienced nurses and doctors. We need an individual who can work well with others, or independently as required. We value all our nurse's skills and training!
Since we are a part of a 24 hour team, critical care nursing and surgical nursing skills are an asset but we are willing to expand the skills of the right candidate. We are a well-equipped facility with digital x-ray, ultrasound capabilities, and state of the art diagnostic and surgical/monitoring equipment.
We’re looking for:
- Triaging patients upon arrival to the clinic and obtain patient vitals
- Obtaining relevant information and history from clients and maintaining proper medical charts
- Assisting in treatment and diagnostic procedures
- High quality emergency nursing care to patients
- Applicant must have excellent communication skills. This position requires an individual with strong work ethic, great customer service, and a friendly and positive attitude.
Compassion and exceptional quality care for our patients and their people is our commitment. If you are interested in joining our awesome team, please contact us with your resume today!
Job Requirements: Minimum requirement of a high school diploma. Associates of Veterinary Technology and certification/license preferred.
We offer our staff:
- Competitive wages
- $1000 dollar signing bonus for CVTs
- 3 day work weeks and flexible scheduling - we ACTUALLY STRIVE for Work-Life Harmony, ask me how we make this work!
- Paid sick leave for full and part time employees
- 2 weeks maternity/paternity leave
- Full vision/health/dental, 401k, and health savings plans
- CE allowance for licensed and unlicensed employees
- Paid Professional Dues if licensed
- Shift Differential for night shift
- Quarterly Bonuses / Christmas Bonuses
- Scrub allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- PTO for full and part time employees that is available to use after 90 days
- Free vaccines for staff pets and excellent discounts on products and services
- A fun environment that promotes team work, leadership skills, and training
- We are caffeine addicts, so we do frequent runs to all the best coffee shops!
- We have the best snacks - in fact, we are in the running for the largest snack wall out there!
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin