Veterinary Kennel Technician
- Powell Shopping Center, 1201 N Lynn Riggs Blvd, Claremore, OK 74017, USA
Rogers County Pet Hospital is a full-service hospital with state-of-the-art ultrasound and endoscopy equipment and an in-house laboratory for diagnostics. Our on-site digital radiograph machine and developer means we can process your pet's x-rays while you wait. In addition to medical services, our newly renovated boarding facilities provide clean, climate-controlled care while you are away.
We place our emphasis on preventive health care for your pets, and client education for you. Providing the highest level of state-of-the art veterinary care in a comfortable, compassionate environment, we can help your pets live healthy, happy lives. We offer each pet owner the highest level of education so you can make the best medical decisions on their behalf.
To learn more about us click here.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
The kennel tech is responsible for the care, feeding, medicating and cleaning of our patients in hospital, and our clients in the boarding facility. This job involves cleaning, laundry, bathing, feeding, walking dogs, and medicating. You are responsible for restocking hospital supplies, helping with post-operative patients, assisting doctors and assistants with animal restraint and exams. You will be responsible for proper recordkeeping of medications, special foods, appetite, behavior and any issue that may arise while the animal is in our care. You will be trained to clean and sterilize surgical instruments.
We are looking for someone with:
- Knowledge of cleaning and disinfecting methods.
- Proper methods of animal restraint.
- Ability to use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency.
- Perform moderately heavy physical labor (large dogs, bags of litter, pet foods, etc).
- Ability to sympathetically and patiently attend to sick, scared and injured animals.
- Ability to learn to administer medications and to recognize abnormal conditions.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of the job.
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k & 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, & FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
*Note – some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin