Veterinary Kennel Technician /Janitorial
- 3243 E Palmdale Blvd, Palmdale, CA 93550, USA
At High Desert Animal Care Hospital, we provide state of the art care with old fashioned values! Our hospital is a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where we support one another and strive to provide the highest quality care possible! We’re proud to be able to offer our community pet wellness care, daytime urgent & emergency care, dentistry, a full in-house diagnostics laboratory, digital x-ray, ultrasound, a complete surgical suite & more! We offer electronic medical records for the most comprehensive and efficient patient care possible. Our staff is made up of friendly, caring, well trained professionals, many of whom have been working at the practice for many years.
Our Palmdale and Antelope Valley veterinarian office is very easy to get to and is about an hour outside of Hollywood, CA. The city offers residents a sparse suburban feel with plenty of restaurants, parks & great neighborhoods to enjoy! It's home to the US Air Force testing center. Enjoy the beautiful outdoors by visiting Antelope Valley, Poppy Reserve, ascending San Gabriel Mountains, or skiing Mountain High.
To learn more about us click here.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
The kennel tech is responsible for the care, feeding, medicating and cleaning of our patients in hospital, and our clients in the boarding facility. This job involves cleaning, laundry, bathing, feeding, walking dogs, and medicating. You are responsible for restocking hospital supplies, helping with post-operative patients, assisting doctors and assistants with animal restraint and exams. You will be responsible for proper recordkeeping of medications, special foods, appetite, behavior and any issue that may arise while the animal is in our care. You will be trained to clean and sterilize surgical instruments.
Shifts: Tuesday - Saturday 12pm-8pm, hours subject to change
We are looking for someone with:
- Knowledge of cleaning and disinfecting methods.
- Proper methods of animal restraint.
- Ability to use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency.
- Perform moderately heavy physical labor (large dogs, bags of litter, pet foods, etc).
- Ability to sympathetically and patiently attend to sick, scared and injured animals.
- Ability to learn to administer medications and to recognize abnormal conditions.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of the job.
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k & 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, & FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
*Note – some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin