Veterinary Technician and Assistant Externship
- 2001 Sweets Dr, Carbondale, IL 62902, USA
Lakeside Veterinary Hospital is a well-established, progressive; fast paced 5 doctor Small Animal/Exotics Emergency and General practice located in Carbondale, Illinois. We offer many services to provide the best comprehensive care to our patients including Preventative and 24-Hour Hospital Care, Surgery, Urgent Care, High Speed Dentistry, In-House Diagnostics, Digital full body and dental radiology, Ultrasonography, CT and more.
Lakeside Veterinary Hospital is located in the urban city of Carbondale, Illinois. With close proximity for easy commute to St. Louis, MO or Nashville, TN. Jackson and Williamson County public schools are ever growing, making it an ideal area to raise a family! Popular activities in the area include hiking through the Shawnee National Forest, exploring the Shawnee Wine Trail, fishing/boating on the many beautiful lakes, watching minor league baseball games, and college sports through Southern Illinois University. Lakeside Veterinary Hospital is a wonderful place to enjoy a healthy and active work-life balance.
To learn more about us click here.
We’re looking for:
- Active Veterinary Technician or Assistant Students
- Compassionate, Team Player and Strong Communicator
- Students looking to enhance their education through real world experiences
- Must be in an active Veterinary Technician/Assistant Program from an AVMA Accredited Institution.
We offer our Veterinary Student Externs:
- Flexible Scheduling
- Paid Externship Hours/Stipend Available for Technician Students
- Future Employment Opportunity Preferences
- Peer Coaching – DVM’s and other experienced Technicians
- 1:1 Mentorship and Guidance
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin