Licensed Veterinary Technician
- 3700 S 9th St, Lincoln, NE 68502, USA
Veterinary Emergency Services of Lincoln is looking to hire a Full Time Licensed Veterinary Technician.
Veterinary Emergency Services is a well-established, progressive, fast paced, after hours emergency practice located in Lincoln, Nebraska. We offer many services to provide the best comprehensive care to our patients including Emergency Surgery, In-House Diagnostics, Digital full body radiology, Ultrasonography, and Medical Urgent Emergent Services to the greater Lincoln Nebraska area.
Veterinary Emergency Services is located in Lincoln, Nebraska. Lincoln (Home of the Nebraska Cornhuskers) is filled with great shopping and recreational venues. Popular activities in the area include hiking, biking, fishing, boating, and a variety of sporting and concert venues. Lincoln, Nebraska is a wonderful place to enjoy a healthy and active work-life balance.
To learn more about us click here.
Job duties include, but are not limited to: Animal restraint, triage of incoming patients, collection and analysis of lab samples, diagnostic imaging, management and nursing care of medical and hospitalized cases with varying degrees of stability, administration of medications, effective communication of treatment plans with clients, surgical preparation and assistance, and anesthetic management.
The clinic is open Monday – Friday’s 6pm to 7am. Saturday from 12 noon and closing Monday at 6am.
We’re looking for:
- A high work ethic and positive attitude team member who enjoys a fast paced environment.
- Ability to arrive on-time and ready to work
- LVT Technician with a minimum of 1-year experience preferred – but would consider a new graduate with the right demeanor.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to communicate precisely
- Interpret medical records and record client history accurately
- Knowledge in preventative care, surgical procedures, and hospital flow
- Ability to restrain pets in a low-stress and safe manner
- Proficient in sample collection to include blood samples, urine, fecal, and skin
- Ability to properly set-up and process laboratory samples and tests
- Proficient in positioning and capturing radiographs.
- Proficient in anesthesia and surgical monitoring
- A self-starter with the desire to continue to advance one’s knowledge and skillset
- Ability to receive in a professional manner constructive feedback to maintain hospital efficiency
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k & 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, & FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
*Note – some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin