- Orlando, FL, USA
John Young Parkway Animal Hospital is a well-established, growing fast-paced small animal general practice located in Orlando, Florida. We provide the best possible medical, surgical and dental care for our highly-valued patients. We voluntarily comply with the AAHA Standards of Accreditation. We offer many services to provide the best comprehensive care to our patients including Preventative Care, Surgery, In-House Diagnostics, Digital Full Body Radiology, Medical Baths, and more.
Orlando, Florida is known for its family friendly atmosphere. The proximity to Disney and Universal allows for families to enjoy theme parks, shopping, restaurants and more. Orlando also has the SEA LIFE aquarium. You are just a day trip away from Kennedy Space Center or Clearwater Beach. Orlando has four star rated public schools and a near perfect rating for private schools, making it an ideal area to raise a family! Popular activities in the area include fishing, beaches, paddle boarding, theme park attractions and enjoying great weather year-round. The warm, year-round climate makes Orlando a wonderful place to enjoy a healthy and active work-life balance.
To learn more about us click here.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Pet restraint, triage incoming patients, collection and analysis of lab samples, diagnostic imaging, management and nursing care of medical and hospitalized cases with varying degrees of stability, administration of medications, effective communication of treatment plans with clients, surgical preparation and assistance, and anesthetic management.
Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises. May be exposed to bites, scratches, animal waste and potentially contagious diseases.
Whether you’re looking to just be a master of your role or trying to grow into that next career move, you’ll have opportunities through a variety of virtual and hands on, interactive training and continuing development.
We’re looking for:
- An experienced Veterinary Assistant with a minimum of 1-year experience preferred.
- Compassionate, Calm, Team Player, Multi-Tasker and Strong Communicator
- Must be able to properly restrain pets.
- Proficient in sample collection, obtaining medical histories, processing laboratory tests and radiographs, and anesthesia monitoring are a bonus!
- Self-starter with the desire to continue to advance your knowledge and skillset.
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k & 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, & FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
*Note – some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin