Senior Software Engineer (Java/Kotlin) - Merchant Experience
The salary range for this position is PLN 16 100 - 23 200.
A hybrid work model that incorporates solutions developed by the leader and the team
About the job
In Merchant Experience we holistically handle our Merchant processes. From acquiring new Customers, through their registration, verification and account setup, publication and editing of listings, order management, sale statistics delivery and payment and pricelist management, to API integrations. Every day, we deal with challenges related to heavy traffic, large data volumes and solution scaling, so as to meet the needs of Customers and the business.
We are looking for people who:
- Code in Java and/or Kotlin/Scala.
- Expect work that has a deeper meaning (not only tasks "management has commissioned") and want to enjoy its results.
- Want to be proud of the code they create. They eagerly accept comments and share knowledge during code reviews.
- Can look for effective solutions to the requirements set by users.
- Want to constantly develop and update their knowledge.
What we offer:
- A hybrid work model that you will agree on with your leader and the team. We have well-located offices (with fully equipped kitchens and bicycle parking facilities) and excellent working tools (height-adjustable desks, interactive conference rooms)
- Long term discretionary incentive plan based on Allegro.eu shares
- Annual bonus up to 20% of the annual salary gross (depending on your annual assessment and the company's results)
- A wide selection of fringe benefits in a cafeteria plan – you choose what you like (e.g. medical, sports or lunch packages, insurance, purchase vouchers)
- English classes that we pay for related to the specific nature of your job
- Laptop with m1 processor, 32GB RAM, SSD - a 16” or 14” MacBook Pro or corresponding Dell with Windows (if you don’t like Macs), two monitors and all other gadgets that you should need
- Working in a team you can always count on — we have on board top-class specialists and experts in their areas of expertise
- A high degree of autonomy in terms of organizing your team’s work; we encourage you to develop continuously and try out new things
- Hackathons, team tourism, training budget and an internal educational platform, MindUp (including training courses on work organization, means of communications, motivation to work and various technologies and subject-matter issues)
- If you want to learn more, check it out
Why is it worth working with us?
- We use, among others, the latest versions of Java (from 11 upwards), Kotlin, Scala, Spring, Reactive Programming, Spark, Hadoop, Mesos
- The IT team is made up of over 1700 members who have shared their knowledge at multiple conferences, such as DevDays or Devoxx, and co-create a blog: allegro.tech
- Microservices – a few thousand microservices and 1.8m+ rps on our business data bus
- Big Data – several petabytes of data and Machine Learning used in production
- We practice Code Review, Continuous Integration, Scrum/Kanban, Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, depending on the team
- Our internal ecosystem is based on self-service and widely used tools, such as Kubernetes, Docker, Consul, GitHub or GitHub Actions. This will allow you, from day one, to develop software using any language, architecture and scale, restricted only by your creativity and imagination.
- To match the scale, we also focus on building entire Platforms of tools and technologies that accelerate and facilitate day-to-day development, and we ensure the best Developer Experience to our teams
- Technological autonomy: you get to choose which technology solves the problem at hand (no need for management’s consent). You are responsible for what you create
- Our deployment environment combines private Data Centers (tens of thousands of servers) and Public Clouds (Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure)
- Over 100 original open source projects and a few thousand stars on github
- We organize Allegro Tech Live event, a 100% remote version of our offline Allegro Tech Talks meetups, and we make guest appearances at the invitation of such communities as Warsaw AI, JUG (Poznań, Łódź, Lublin, Wrocław), WG .Net, Dare IT, Women in Tech Summit
- We focus on development as well. We organize hackathons and internal conferences (e.g. the annual Allegro Tech Meeting), our employees regularly participate in events both in Poland and abroad (Europe and USA), and each team has its own budget for training and study aids. If you want to keep growing and share your knowledge, we will always support you
This may also be of interest to you:
Allegro Tech Podcast → https://podcast.allegro.tech/