Business Unit Finance Manager (Smart!, Delivery Experience and Logistics)
- Warszawa, Poznań, Polska
- Pełny etat
- Reporting to the Group CFO, partnering with key Business Unit leaders and leading a small but high performing team of finance professionals, the Business Unit Finance Manager (Smart!, Delivery Experience and Logistics) will drive the financial management and contribute to the rapid growth of Allegro’s business in three critical areas that are key to our future development:
- Our subscription based free shipping and customer loyalty program branded Allegro Smart! growing rapidly, driving increased purchases and commissions earned from our merchants and buyer’s loyalty to the Allegro marketplace;
- The Delivery Experience (frequently called DEX) functionality present on the Allegro Marketplace. Delivery cost, predictability and returns management are key potential barriers to buyers choosing to purchase via eCommerce. Our Delivery Experience Team focus on the buyer’s user experience, merchant order fulfilment predictability and getting great prices and SLAs from logistics companies for the benefit of our buyers and merchants to create the best possible Delivery Experience;
- Allegro’s own proprietary Logistics processes and the financial returns from its Logistics Assets. Efficient warehousing and delivery services are key to the performance of Allegro’s own proprietary shop selling over the Allegro marketplace platform. In the near future Allegro expects to accelerate Logistics investments to expand the Proprietary Shop and also to begin offering consolidated logistics services to our Merchants, thereby reducing their costs and improving DEX for the buyers.
- As a Business Unit Finance Manager, you will become a Trusted Business Partner to the Managers leading the above Business Units, bringing the financial perspective to the table in helping them to make the right decisions to grow their activities profitably. You will assist them to operationalize their growth agendas by helping to identify the right KPIs to drive their operations, find ways to remove bottlenecks and accelerate performance. At the same time you and your team will ensure that the Business Units are able to meet their reporting, planning and forecasting obligations towards the Finance Function and you will liaise with finance collegues specializing in accounting, tax and controlling to solve financial issues as they occur;
- Together with your peers such as Group Controller, Group Tax Manager, Group Treasurer, Group Chief Accountant, Group Internal Audit Manager and Group Procurement Manager, you will form part of the Finance Leadership Team reporting directly to the Group CFO.
Your main responsibilities will include the following areas:
- Providing financial input into Business Unit decision making - both ad hoc business cases and operational rule setting through development of “Play Books”;
- Driving preparation of plans, forecasts and budgets for the discussion with and approval of the BU Owner;
- Analysing results, providing insights to the Business Unit Leader and helping with providing commentary, analysis and presentations to more senior management levels;
- Helping the BU Leader to build medium term plans that help to identify key input levers and key KPIs to be monitored and aligned with outputs measurable from Management Accounts and Business Information System sources;
- Work with the BU’s analytical resources to assist with identification of detailed analytical queries and Machine Learning use cases to accelerate business learning and improve decision making;
- Work with the BU Leaders on key projects such as acquisitions or negotiation of key agreements with delivery partners;
- Design and manage Management Accounts and KPI reporting in cooperation with Financial Controlling that provides the BU Leader with the best possible management information to drive and accelerate profitable growth;
- Working with Controlling, Accounting and Tax Teams to resolve management reporting, accounting and tax issues that are specific to the Business Unit;
- Supporting month end closing entries, reviewing management accounts for accuracy and preparing management commentaries in support of the BU Owner.
Why should you work with us?
- Opportunity to be part of Poland’s largest “Tech Unicorn” and one of the most valuable European eCommerce businesses:
- Through the Allegro homepage we reach 14 million customers per day;
- We are creating an e-commerce platform for over 100 thousand small and medium Polish trade companies;
- For about 80% of Internet users, we are the first choice for shopping online.
- You’ll be joining a dynamically growing business, constantly expanding its team and role in the e-Commerce value chain, thereby creating new opportunities for its best talents to develop themselves;
- You will build on your existing financial skills and knowledge of the logistics and ecommerce industries through constant exposure to exciting new business projects and challenges, resolving complex business and financial problems as you go;
- You will develop your skills finance skills of business analysis, controlling, planning, strategy, accounting and taxation, internal controls design and advanced analytics;
- You will expand your abilities to work with senior management, cross functionally and teaming with software development professionals to improve the Allegro platform’s functionality to support your Business Units;
- You will share your knowledge and experience with your colleagues;
- We share our knowledge at conferences and industry training courses;
- We actively use the training budget. We ensure participation in conferences in Poland and abroad (Europe and USA). If you want to develop - we will always help you to do so.
The offer is addressed to people who (qualifications):
- Finance or Business Consulting professionals who can demonstrate 5-8 years experience in solving complex financial issues in a business environment;
- Likely to hold a professional finance qualification such as ACCA and/or an MBA or MSc in econometrics or statistics;
- Deep experience in working with businesses engaged in logistics and or eCommerce;
- High focus on efficiency and process management;
- Strong communication skills, Polish and English;
- Outstanding analytical and numerical skills;
- Leadership abilities to drive and motivate people at all levels and across different organizational functions;
- Goal oriented, focused on achieving high impact results;
- Self-driven and with a high ownership attitude.