Technical Problem Manager
- 5601 Granite Pkwy, Plano, TX 75024, USA
Alkami is a cloud-based digital banking technology provider to US financial institutions leading the way in extraordinary online and mobile banking experiences. A 9-year-old company Alkami is one of the fastest growing software companies in the US. Alkami was the #1 fastest growing software company in Texas on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list and #13 on the DBJ Dallas 100. Alkami was also ranked in the Top 10 Coolest Tech Companies to Work For in Dallas by DevMountain. Today, the Alkami team of 300+ Alkamists provide our digital banking solutions to over 3,500,000 consumers and small businesses. And, we are an organization committed to our culture of optimistic-perseverance, transparent-communication, caring-collaboration, courageous-innovation, trusted-accountability and real-fun!
The Technical Problem Manager will be responsible for further developing and maturing the Problem Management function within Service Operations at Alkami. Taking a technical view holistically at the overall solution and understanding the entire eco-system and driving the Problem Management function to focus not only on Application defects, but importantly technical and infrastructure repeated Problems to drive up overall Service Availability by identifying issues quickly through monitoring and identifying trends.Job Duties:
- Maintain strong client and supplier relationships to ensure SLAs and service excellence are managed and maintained.
- Develop and mature existing problem Management process, expanding this to reach holistically across the entire eco-system both internally and externally.
- Focus on deep dive analysis into infrastructure and hosting operational Incidents impacting service availability.
- Take ownership of Service Operations monitoring of key production services.
- Maintain a proactive approach to operational and service issues with a focus on prevention rather than fix.
- Support a risk-based approach to Problem Management and participate in all impact and risk assessments that may affect the production service.
- Taking an active role in Major Incident Management to help drive understanding of underlying issues. This will also include managing Major Incident Reviews and tracking follow-up actions.
- Provide a regular and clear status on the operational performance of all areas of the service to the client and internal parties, including contractually required SLA and issue reporting.
- Proven ability in a Service Delivery, Problem or Service Management role in an operational environment working closely with technical and operational teams.
- Experience using Problem Management systems and working with real time monitoring solutions
- Excellent and diverse technical background, experience of financial applications, iOS and Android mobile applications and web/app tier architectures preferred.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and experience transitioning releases into live operation.
- Experienced in the production of stakeholder documentation and presenting at all levels to diverse audiences.
- Client Focused - dedicated to understanding and meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients; understands and strives to meet client requirements in an efficient and constructive manner and acts with the client in mind.
- Team Player - Understands and contributes to team goals, promotes teamwork and cooperative working relationships.
- Availability Focused & Problem Solver – recognizes the need to restore services quickly and effectively, uses logic to solve problems; exhibits sound and timely analysis and judgment; does not avoid problems; identifies problems and brings forward alternative solutions; includes appropriate people when conducting research and analysis.
- Influencing & Communicating – ability to use formal and informal written and/or verbal communication channels to influence others; articulates ideas and thoughts clearly both verbally and in writing; able to influence without the power of position; gets things done through formal and informal channels and networks.
- Dynamic and self-motivated - able to work on their own initiative and deliver the objectives required to maintain the operational service.
- A willingness to develop new skills and to understand new technologies.
- Experience/knowledge of the financial services industry.
- ITIL Qualifications. Understanding of ITIL concepts and practices – Incident, Problem & Change management and managing service improvement initiatives.
- Familiarity with various online banking applications and understanding of third party integrations are strong plusses.
- Demonstrated experience using Jira and Confluence.
Not Just Any Company: Alkami has an awesome diverse and inclusive environment. We have a FUN culture and offer great benefits. Did you know every Alkamist has ownership in Alkami? We also have on and off site employee events and activities.
Free Lunch: Who said there is no free lunch? At Alkami, every day we offer free lunch
Relocation: Unfortunately we don't offer relocation assistance. We are ready for you to contribute from our super cool Plano, TX location.
Work Authorization: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; candidates must be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment.
Recruiters: We are not looking for outside recruiting firms to help us in this search — we know who you are and we love you, but we don’t need you right now.
Alkami Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alkami is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alkami are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alkami will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alkami encourages applicants of all ages.