Human Resources Intern
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Alcoa Corporation is a global industry leader in the production of bauxite, alumina and aluminum, enhanced by a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa Corporation draws on the innovation culture, customer relationships and strong brand of Alcoa, Inc. Previously known as the Aluminum Company of America, Alcoa, Inc. pioneered the aluminum industry 128 years ago with the discovery of the first commercial process for the affordable production of aluminum. Since the discovery, Alcoa aluminum was used in the Wright brothers’ first flight (1903), Alcoa, Inc. helped produce the first aluminum-sheathed skyscraper (1952), the first all-aluminum vehicle frame (1994) and the first aluminum beer bottle (2004).
Today, Alcoa Corporation extends this heritage of product and process innovation as it strives to continuously redefine world-class operational performance at its locations, while partnering with its customers across its range of global products. We believe that the lightweight capabilities and enhanced performance attributes that aluminum offers across a number of end markets are in increasingly high demand and underpin strong growth prospects for Alcoa Corporation.
Alcoa Corporation’s operations encompass all major production processes in the primary aluminum industry value chain, which we believe provides Alcoa Corporation with a strong platform from which to serve our customers in each critical segment.
The HR Intern will provide support for the daily operations of the Human Resources Department.. The HR Intern will be an active member of the team and will be responsible for a variety of tasks and projects. These are intended to provide exposure to operational experience as well as an overview of HR functions.
- Provide administrative support to HR Team as it relates to documents, correspondence, HR data auditing, etc.
- Maintain accuracy of, and update employee personnel files in accordance with company policies and government regulations
- Assist in the planning of communication roll-out, and execution of HR programs as needed
- Assist in recruitment activities and special projects as needed
- Human Resources or Business Administration concentration preferred
- Solid interpersonal and public relations skills
- Excellent oral and written communications abilities
- Good problem solving skills; able to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient PC skills in a Windows environment and expertise in a wide range of desktop software
- Demonstrated respect for confidentiality and ability to understand and handle sensitive information
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Relocation assistance will not be provided for this role.