Human Resources Intern
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
The HR Intern will provide support for the daily operations of the Human Resources Department.. The HR Intern will be an active member of the team and will be responsible for a variety of tasks and projects. These are intended to provide exposure to operational experience as well as an overview of HR functions.
- Provide administrative support to HR Team as it relates to documents, correspondence, HR data auditing, etc.
- Maintain accuracy of, and update employee personnel files in accordance with company policies and government regulations
- Assist in the planning of communication roll-out, and execution of HR programs as needed
- Assist in recruitment activities and special projects as needed
- Human Resources or Business Administration concentration preferred
- Solid interpersonal and public relations skills
- Excellent oral and written communications abilities
- Good problem solving skills; able to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient PC skills in a Windows environment and expertise in a wide range of desktop software
- Demonstrated respect for confidentiality and ability to understand and handle sensitive information
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Relocation assistance will not be provided for this role.