Coal Handling Maintenance Planner
- Newburgh, IN 47630, USA
Alcoa Corporation is a global industry leader in the production of bauxite, alumina and aluminum, enhanced by a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa Corporation draws on the innovation culture, customer relationships and strong brand of ParentCo. Previously known as the Aluminum Company of America, ParentCo pioneered the aluminum industry 128 years ago with the discovery of the first commercial process for the affordable production of aluminum. Since the discovery, Alcoa aluminum was used in the Wright brothers’ first flight (1903), ParentCo helped produce the first aluminum-sheathed skyscraper (1952), the first all-aluminum vehicle frame (1994) and the first aluminum beer bottle (2004). Today, Alcoa Corporation extends this heritage of product and process innovation as it strives to continuously redefine world-class operational performance at its locations, while partnering with its customers across its range of global products. We believe that the lightweight capabilities and enhanced performance attributes that aluminum offers across a number of end markets are in increasingly high demand and underpin strong growth prospects for Alcoa Corporation. Alcoa Corporation’s operations encompass all major production processes in the primary aluminum industry value chain, which we believe provides Alcoa Corporation with a strong platform from which to serve our customers in each critical segment.
This position will report directly to the Group Leader (Coal Handling) and indirectly to the Fuels Manager. In
order to improve and implement Reliability Excellence, this position will focus on the following activities:
1. Planning all mechanical maintenance work requested either internally or externally from Fuels Department
customers. The planning process will include:
a. Site or area visitation to properly analyze the work needed.
b. Job breakdown and estimation of resources.
c. Material / parts requirments and expediting of same.
d. Internal / external coordination of the schedule for planned work with the customer or outside resource.
e. Critique / follow-up / and administrative closure after job completion
2. The planner will develop and deliver all work packages required to complete the assigned task in a safe, efficient, cost effective manner.
3. The planner will ensure all history and data associated with performing the work is captured and logged in the CMMS.
4. Continuously evaluate and improve the mechanical work planning and scheduling processes through the performance of audits and observations.
5. Support and or participate in mechanical plant RCFA activities ensuring timely repair and follow-on
preventive measures are implemented as directed.
6. Develop management systems and tools which support ABS and Reliability Excellence initiatives. Ensure continued development/documentation of standardized work practices.
7. Provide expertise/leadership/assistance to ensure all required training of plant personnel with regard to all
mechanical safety standards.
8. Assume the role and act on behalf of the Fuels Group Leader in his absence.
9. Conduct monthly reliability walk-down audits of the conveyor system.
10. Conduct monthly housekeeping audits of the Fuels areas of responsibility.
This position will be the SPA and primary Help Chain contact for continuous improvement projects and all safety issues related to mechanical operation and reliability at the plant with regard to the fuel handling system.
High school graduate or equivalent; 2 years of maintenance planning and craft experience in a coal handling/processing or bulk material handling, i.e. aggregate environment OR 4 years of mechanical
experience in coal handling or bulk handling with demonstrated planning and scheduling capabilities. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools is also required.
Experience with CMMS applications. Experience with precision maintenance concepts and ideas. Understanding of Predictive Maintenance technologies and applications.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.