Reservations Call Center Agent (Work From Home)
- Boise, ID, USA
We're creating an airline people love. It begins with each Alaska Airlines employee, bringing unique strengths and energy to our work in the air and on the ground. Every day, we go beyond what's expected and reach for the remarkable, together.
The Reservations Call Center Agent is responsible for assisting guests with information regarding fares, flight schedules, routings and policies. The Reservations Call Center Agent must be an assertive, self-starter who proactively assumes responsibility for determining and recommending the service which best meets the guests' needs in a way that is consistent with our values. The duties of a Reservations Call Center Agent shall include, but not be limited to verifying availability of space, confirming reservations and making appropriate changes to reservations and tickets. This role requires patience, quick thinking and an in-depth knowledge of overall policies which impact our guests and their travel experience. A Reservations Call Center Agent must possess a strong desire to assist our external guests and help support our internal customers (Customer Service Agents, flight crews, etc.).
Scope & Complexity
This position supports reservations sales activities for Alaska Airlines.
- Performs a variety of guest service functions via phone including:
- Answers incoming calls and matches the features and benefits of Alaska Airlines to the needs of the caller.
- Answers callers' inquiries regarding all aspects of their travel on Alaska Airlines or one of our travel partners.
- Makes new reservations and changes existing reservations on scheduled domestic and international flights.
- Assists callers with technical website and mobile navigation needs.
- Handles callers' questions, complaints, and inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism to resolve issues with first call resolution.
- Operates within a variety of complex computerized systems to assist guests and daily operations.
- Proactively creates a positive service oriented environment for guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of customer service experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including a professional and pleasant phone demeanor.
- Excellent communication skills (e.g., verbal, written, and listening).
- Demonstrated proficiency and agility with adopting, utilizing and navigating new and rapidly changing technologies and applications on handheld and other multi-media devices.
- Proven ability to continually learn and understand changing job-related policies and procedures, company products, services and promotions in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work in a process-oriented environment.
- Proficiency with general computer programs, keyboard skills, and Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and overtime in a 24/7/365 operation.
- Ability and willingness to work from home, which must be within 100 miles of a call center location and within either AZ, ID or WA. Some in call center time is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Airline or travel industry experience.
- Spanish language proficiency.
The position pays per union agreement. Starting rate of pay $12.33/hr. This is a non-exempt position.
Submit your application by 3/29/2019. We'll be happy to see it.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.