Sr Engineering Manager F/H
- Nantes, France
- Employees can work remotely
[TL;DR] if you nurtured a kind relationship with people, data, products, well then, it's a no-brainer, join us!
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead a team of 10 to 20 engineers and work closely with them such as software engineers, lead developers, product managers, designers, support managers, or other engineering teams to bring our products and infrastructure services to life. At Akeneo, we value a lot:
Teamwork | We believe a workplace should be a place where we can learn from one another,
Product Oriented | For us, our product must be about solving problems,
Mentoring | Continuously improve yourself, grow with others, and emulate your team,
Trustworthy | Your team is accountable for finding creative solutions,
Engineering | We do serious business without taking ourselves too seriously.
🧠 What will you do?
At Akeneo, you will:
- Work on a daily basis as part of multidisciplinary squads (lead dev, frontend and backend devs, product manager, designer & sre) to design, build and bring the product to life,
- Set the way for the squads, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via well-thought-out long-term planning,
- Help craft technical and product strategy,
- Help people in the team grow professionally ensuring everyone's voice is heard and a wide range of people can be successful,
- Tie together every piece of work back to Akeneo mission and its business value,
- Have a career progression (diversity of topics and job positions, external and internal training),
- Play in an international background and goal-driven culture,
- Enjoy after-work, book club, knowledge-sharing sessions, conferences, and team buildings,
- Share your knowledge and experience with your teammates and learn from them.
🏅The skills we require
Solid experience in the following management fields is welcome, we have high expectations on these topics. We are interested in your profile for this position if:
- you have a track record of evangelizing cross-team initiatives and making things happen, are a role model for others in terms of initiative and autonomy, enable others to take initiative,
- you mentor other Engineering Managers to provide feedback and guidance on management practices,
- you have a technical background and can help a team evaluate trade-offs during development,
- you enjoy working in an iterative environment,
- you have a detailed understanding of product design and technology for several areas outside the direct scope of responsibility,
- you work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results,
- you like to lead by example,
- you have a track record of building and leading successful engineering teams,
- you are holding yourself and others to high standards when working with production systems.
Strong "plus" if you have knowledge in:
- PHP Symfony or other backend languages
- MySQL, ElasticSearch or PostgreSQL
Additionally, here are some general skills that Akeneo teammates tend to have:
- you are proactive, autonomous, self-motivated, resourceful, and eager to have a meaningful impact,
- you are curious about Software Craftsmanship, Domain Driven Design, and related practices such as Event Storming and won't stop searching until you find the answer,
- you like to have fun and have a life outside of work,
- you are comfortable in English (a strong French accent is ok),
- finally, you learned from your mistakes and are ready to make new ones with us!!!
🎁 Company benefits
- Good work-life balance: flexible hours, remote working policy, and package for the home office (chairs, desk, screen, keyboard, ...)
- 1-month parental leave for the second parent
- Quarterly team events, and yearly offsite
- Great mansion located in downtown Nantes where you will find Marie&Therese our chickens and our beautiful bees
- Once a year you get to spend two weeks in one of our offices worldwide (Boston, Dusseldorf, Sydney, etc)
💪 Want to know more?