Engineering Director F/H
- Nantes, France
- Employees can work remotely
[TL;DR] if you nurtured a kind relationship with people and if you're not scared of getting your hands dirty, well then, it's a no-brainer, join us!
We are looking for an Engineering Director to manage the managers of feature squads, each composed of 5 to 7 engineers with complementary skills.
At Akeneo, we value a lot:
Teamwork | We believe a workplace should be a place where we can learn from one another,
Product Oriented | For us, our product must be about solving problems,
Mentoring | Continuously improve yourself, grow with others, and emulate your team,
Trustworthy | Your team is accountable for finding creative solutions,
Engineering | We do serious business without taking ourselves too seriously.
🧠 What you will do?
At Akeneo, you will:
- Communicate the company vision and priorities to help the team prioritize efficiently, and translate the high-level strategic vision into a clear and actionable roadmap with your teams,
- Build or contribute to programs or policies to nurture company culture and values, and make sure engineering guidelines are known and enforced,
- Work with peers to solve problems across teams or squads, detect deficient processes, propose innovative ones, align teams across the whole company,
- Develop your managers’ leadership and people skills, support them in getting a broader vision, organizing their team and processes efficiently, and making the right decisions,
- Actively participate in hiring the best engineering talents, inspiring people to join and stay,
- Coordinate the squad of your team to ensure alignment and efficiency, manage and grow your squad’s managers,
- Work together with other engineering directors, CTO, and Product management to continuously improve our processes and communication,
- Tie together every piece of work back to Akeneo's mission and its business value,
- Have a career progression (diversity of topics and job positions, external and internal training),
- Play in an international background and goal-driven culture,
- Enjoy after-work, book club, knowledge-sharing sessions, conferences, and team buildings,
- Share your knowledge and experience with your teammates and learn from them.
🏅The skills we require
Solid experience in the following management fields is mandatory, we have high expectations on these topics. We are interested in your profile for this position if:
- you have a solid engineering background and are passionate about one of our stacks,
- you are constantly looking out for new tools, taking initiative and proposing improvements, passion for growing, developing and guiding people,
- you have an interest in working in an environment where leaders support their teams to do great work, through removing impediments, finding improvements, and facilitating effective decision-making,
- you are fluent in English,
- you like to lead by example,
- you have a track record of building and leading successful engineering teams,
- you are holding yourself and others to high standards when working with production systems.
Strong "plus" if you have knowledge in:
- PHP Symfony or other backend languages
- MySQL, ElasticSearch or PostgreSQL
Additionally, here are some general skills that Akeneo teammates tend to have:
- you are proactive, autonomous, self-motivated, resourceful, and are eager to have a meaningful impact,
- you are curious about Software Craftsmanship, Domain Driven Design, and related practices such as Event Storming and won't stop searching until you find the answer,
- you like to have fun and have a life outside of work,
- finally, you learned from your mistakes and you're ready to make new ones with us!!!
🎁 Company benefits
- Good work-life balance: flexible hours, remote working policy, and package for the home office (chairs, desk, screen, keyboard, ...)
- 1-month parental leave for the second parent
- Quarterly team events, and yearly offsite
- Great mansion located in downtown Nantes where you will find Marie&Therese our chickens and our beautiful bees
- Once a year you get to spend two weeks in one of our offices worldwide (Boston, Dusseldorf, Sydney, etc)
💪 Want to know more?