Senior Product Marketing Manager, PLG and Commercial
- Boston, MA, USA
Akeneo helps more than 80,000 worldwide merchants manage their product information.
Our intuitive platform is made to simplify product information processes and is designed for companies looking for efficient answers to their multichannel needs. Our tool helps merchants to centralize, translate and control the quality of the product information, leading to higher transformation rates, better SEO, shorter time-to-market and lower return rates.
Akeneo software brings efficiency to marketing teams struggling with tools such as excel. We made our software user-friendly, so it’s intuitive and easy to use! Fossil, Forever 21, Staples, and many other companies chose Akeneo to improve their product enrichment processes.
Akeneo is at the forefront of shaping a market category and elevating product experience management (PXM) to the same level as customer experience management (CXM). In order to give our products a clear and compelling voice while achieving our business targets, we are currently looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager who will help develop and execute our go-to-market strategy for Akeneo’s Product Led Growth (PLG) and Commercial segment initiatives.
This individual will work in a fast-paced, energetic environment to identify and drive the product marketing initiatives necessary for increasing pipeline via PLG-led strategies, provide understanding and guidance on the Commercial market segment customer, and ensure continued ARR growth for Akeneo PIM Growth Edition. This includes being adept at building and telling relevant and strategic narratives through the lens of customer personas that position Akeneo successfully against the competition; being a credible and valued partner with product management to collaborate on product direction as a customer champion; and gaining alignment around PLG initiatives with product, marketing, sales, alliances and post-sales.
This position will report to the Director of Product Marketing as part of a growing product marketing team.
What You'll Do
- Your mission should you choose to accept it is to leverage your skills and experience as an empathetic product marketer to successfully build and execute on PLG initiatives that grow pipeline and reduce CAC.
- You will work closely with product management to understand the product strategy and market fit, understand how to position against competitive offerings, and articulate value propositions.
- You will become the expert on all relevant commercial target personas and their buying journey, driving studies that provide detailed insight and guidance based on them.
- You will lead product launch plans that are fully synced with business & revenue goals and aligned with marketing-, sales- and product-led pipeline generation targets.
- You will leverage analytics and insights to help with pricing and packaging decisions, conversion motions, and optimizing pricing and sales incentives to achieve growth goals.
- You will collaborate with marketing teams to ensure integrated, market-tuned awareness and demand-generation programs are building the pipeline that will help us achieve our PLG and commercial segment goals.
- You will deliver compelling messaging and feature benefits that lead to Akeneo’s differentiators and truly resonate with our target customers.
- You will manage the creation of a wide variety of high-impact marketing, sales and product-led content including web pages, in-product messaging, presentations, sales training, videos, and more.
- As a product, customer and industry expert, you will prepare and give presentations & demos to customers, press and analysts, and at community events.
- 7+ years of experience in product marketing within the software industry and with SaaS-based offerings delivered successfully in a product-led fashion.
- Clear understanding of the digital commerce landscape.
- Proven ability to drive a variety of go-to-market strategies and release readiness processes with product management, marketing, sales, alliances and others.
- Be able to distill highly technical concepts into persuasive marketing content for diverse audiences.
- Ability to engage with and earn the respect of both deeply technical industry experts and business leaders alike.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to work cross-functionally across sales, marketing & product management organizations.
- Strong analytical mindset, with the ability to draw business-relevant inferences and determine strategies and tactics from data and insights.
- Ability to rapidly prioritize and react to changing market dynamics.
- Demonstrate upstanding character, leadership, consistent execution and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- BA or BS or higher in marketing, business, computer science, engineering or related field.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.
- A good sense of humor and a work hard, play hard attitude!
Benefits & Perks:
- Beer on tap
- 5 weeks of vacation and you’re expected to take it
- Extensive Health, Dental, Vision benefits along with 401k with company match
- Regular team outings and activities
- Flexible working hours and location - office, hybrid, remote all considered
- Trips to France
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.